Manifest a Weapon

Yukina told me everything. All I could do was listen, actively ignoring the voice in my head that told me to tell her everything. So, I played stupid.

"I'm still learning about different demons and stuff, but there was an ice ninja named Touya."

She shook her head, "I can't explain it, but I can tell that isn't him."

"Shuichi did say demon twins are different. You know, he might have more insight."

"Shuichi?" She had no idea who I was talking about.

"Yeah, you know, the red head on the Urameshi team. He's my twin. I'm completely human, but he might know something that can help."

Yukina lit up with hope, "That's a great idea, thank you!"

Crisis deflected onto someone else.

I started to leave with her, but stopped when I saw my brother. Botan waved at us, and Yukina ran to her while I headed back to my brother.

"Genkai advised we watch the remaining fight with Toguro." He looked at me, "You seem troubled. Is it the finals?"

"Not exactly. Don't worry about me. Worse things are about to happen here."

"You've never been good at lying," Shuichi called me out.

"Seeing as how your entire life is a lie, I suppose it would be easier for you to tell," I grinned.

He wrapped his arm around my neck, holding me still as he messed up my hair. I whined, trying to get out of his hard grip. He was surprisingly strong, not budging at all as I pushed and tried to get away from him.

It was the first piece of normalcy we had experienced since we arrived. For the first time, things didn't feel tense, and these demons were nothing more than decoration to a nightmare I had created.

After a while, the second round of the semi-finals began.

"Welcome back from intermission, everyone! Let's bring out our next competitors! On my left, Team Gorenja! And on my right, the awesome Team Toguro!" Juri announced enthusiastically.

"I suppose awesome has many implications," I said as I looked from the scrawny first team to the diverse second team.

The crowd was clearly in favor of Team Toguro, and unsurprisingly, only three members stood whereas Team Gorenja had five.

I could sense a strange sensation coming from Shuichi. Was it fear? Not a precautious fear, but genuine. One of the members of the Toguro team had interacted with him and it troubled him.

"Now, let's get this second battle for the final round underway! Karasu verses Mido Renja!"

A swirl of violent air started coming from the green monster known as Mido Renja. The looming vampire with a mask, Karasu was unimpressed. I tried not to react, but I had to put my hand over my nose, uselessly blocking the awful burning garbage smell that had suddenly filled the entire enclosed stadium.

Stupid demons and their smells.

Suddenly, Hiei's stale scent didn't seem so bad.

Mido Renja threw some sort of green ball of the disgusting smell at Karasu. Through the tears that the stench had brought to my eyes, I barely managed to make out Karasu dodging it by simply stepping to the right.

The blast hit the wall under the spectators, ultimately dissolving the wall and demons there.

Mido Renja started creating another blast. Karasu began walking up to the creature. Mido Renja launched the blast which Karasu easily jumped over. As he descended, he looked more like a bat, landing right in front of his opponent. I barely caught it, but Karasu touched Mido Renja's shoulder and landed behind him.