Chapter 1

I've been writing the plot for this story for about a month now. I felt like it was time that I write the first chapter and share it with you guys, and also get your feedback. The slideshow on the side has all the main characters in it. I hope you enjoy! Please vote & comment! Don't be afraid to tell me what you think of it!

Copyright © 2012 misscowgirlup22

Chapter 1

              It had taken Anna almost four years to realize that she'd made the stupidest decision of her life. Yup, she'd moved to New York. A country girl in the city what a sight.

              The first couple of years she thought that she could make it, but last year money had gotten extremely tight and Anna almost had to go crawling back home to her parents not like they would accept her anymore. She'd left for the city and now she was a disappointment.

              Her plan was to move back to the country, just not the small town she had come from. The only problem was which one and where would it be?

              Anna hadn't talked to her best friend Chrissie yet. She would be so devastated when she would find out that Anna was leaving. Chrissie was the first person she had met upon her arrival in the city, and they'd just hit it off. If her parents saw Chrissie they'd probably shake their heads and walk the other way.

              Chrissie was your average punk rocker girl. She had her hair half normal color and then every couple weeks it would be a different color. Sometimes it was brown and blue, other times it was brown and orange. Honestly it just depended on her mood.

             Living in the city was starting to get depressing. Anna needed out and fast. Maybe until she could figure something out, she could just go and get a pint of ice cream and some magazines. It had been her cure all in the past and it still worked now.

             Anna walked down the busy New York street to her favorite book store. They had a full row of magazines and it was like heaven to Anna when she was in a mood. She entered the store and walked directly over to the magazine rack.

             Times like this called for the current Vogue, Esquire, and maybe the new Vanity Fair. Oh God, was that a copy of Playboy, ewww. Anna never understood why males found those magazines so interesting. Well she did but males were such perverts that it really didn't matter. She'd had a brother so she knew what they contained, but really, it was still gross.

               As she cowered the racks to look for other magazines she might indulge in she came across one with pictures of cowboys across the front and it said, "Western Love." It had ads in it for country boys and cowboys looking for love.

              She was intrigued by the magazine. Maybe this was her way out of the city. Anna couldn't wait until she could get back to her apartment and read the whole thing. There had to be a man in it that she could find to help her out of this mess she called life.

              Anna walked over to the cashier and handed him the magazines. "Ma'am that will be fifteen dollars and twelve cents, please." She handed the man a twenty and waited for her change. "Have a nice day," he said.

              "Thanks." With that she was out the door and she decided she still wanted a pint of ice cream, so she quickly stopped at the corner store near her apartment. After she'd completed her purchase she walked around the corner to her apartment. Her apartment was only one bedroom she couldn't really afford anything bigger on her tiny editor salary, but her part was rather nice if she did say so herself.