Epilogue

Copyright 2013 misscowgirlup22

Epilogue

Six years later

            “How was your ride,” Anna asked her husband as he walked up to their house holding their five year old daughter in his arms.

            “It was great wasn’t it?” He looked at their daughter, Sophie. She was the spitting image of her mother with her brown hair, and the shape of her face, but she had Brent’s gray eyes.

            “It was, daddy. I love to ride my pony.” Sophie smiled at her parents.

            “I know you do sweet pea.” Brent kissed Sophie on hair, and then set her down. The girl ran straight over to her mother, whom was sitting in one of the rocking chairs on the porch, holding her little brother, Mason.

            “Hi, Mason.” The toddler giggled and grabbed Sophie’s brown locks.

            “Mason.” Anna scolded him, and he immediately let go of Sophie’s hair, but Anna couldn’t be mad at him. He was only one, and he was still learning what was right and wrong. He too was a mix of both his parent’s. Mason had Anna’s brown hair, and Brent’s gray eyes.

            Brent walked over to Anna and gave her a sweet kiss on her lips. “Where’s Easton?”

            “Oh, he’s over at Cassie’s playing with her son. He should be home in an hour or so.” Anna told Brent, Easton was their four year old bucket of joy, and he just so happened to be best friends with Cassie’s little boy. Easton looked exactly like his father. He was going to be quite the looker someday when he got older just like his father.

            “Let’s go inside it’s getting a little chilly.” Brent spoke up shivering a little when the chill of November caused him to shiver. He grabbed Mason from Anna’s arms.

            “I think that that sounds like capitol idea.” She smiled at him as she got up from the rocking chair on the porch.

            They all walked inside together. Mason cooed in Brent’s arms and Sophie talked Anna’s ear off. This was her family and she loved them all/ the only thing that would have made the moment better was if Easton would have been back from Cassie’s.  

            Anna and Brent were married five months after that faithful day at the airport. Since Anna was still not on speaking terms with her family, Bill walked her down the aisle to a very nervous Brent.

            It had been one of the best days of her life. It was right up there with the births of her three children.

            Although, Brent and Anna’s relationship had started out rocky they made the best of every bad situation. And if there was ever anything that they learned, it was for them to not go to bed angry. They’d learned that lesson from Brent’s little hunting trip.