Ten |Biology

Astrid

I sat down with Kaydi during biology and our teacher left us to read a part of our textbook and gave us a lot of theoretical questions to provide answers to in our own understanding.

Questions that can blow your mind like, how did the person that created the clock know the actual time? Or why the fact that human eat fruits like animals, still doesn't make us animals.

I scratched my head and stared at the white sheet placed in front of me. Most of the nerd were writing happily while the rest of us that didn't know how to answer the questions just doodled on their note book.

I tried to scribble something down and when the bell rang, I was the happiest person in earth. Kaydi and I found our way through the hallways and released our breaths.

"I hate that woman" Kaydi grunted and I agreed with her n my head. Thank god she didn't have to give us homework. "Hey, come over today so we can get done with this stupid project?

"Yeah" I said and we stopped at my locker. I had home ec. next and she had English lit.

"Hey girls" Chris said coming up to us hurriedly and stopped when he saw our faces. "What's with the long faces?" He asked, frowning a little.

"Biology"Kaydi mutters and he chuckled slightly.

"Sorry about that did you guys hear that Zac Efron is gay?" He said and a few heads turned around as be was too loud. "I thought he was dating Taylor Swift?" He asked.

"I don't think he is gay" I said, trying to picture my Troy Bolton kissing another guy. gross.

""I heard that too" Kaydi said. "I think its Taylor and Harry that are together now" she said.

Of course she would know, she was one for male celebrities.

"Okay then cuz I was eavesdropping on some fan girls of Zac Efron and they were this close to tears" he said, shooting his pinkie up.

"My brother still hasn't watched high school musical" I said and we were now walking quite slowly to Kaydi's locker. "He thinks its shit"

"His loss" Kaydi said and turned to face Chris "how are the twins?" She asked.

"They got into trouble last night" he said. "They deserved it" he said, giving a little laugh.

"What did they do this time?"

"So my long distant aunt came from visiting her cousin in Nigeria and--"

"Where is Nigeria again?" I asked, not really sure where I heard that from. Hey don't blame me, I was never good at geography in freshman year.

"Its in Africa" Chris said. "And than she brought this tiny looking round pod stuffs and said that were called locust beans and trust me, that smell worse than poop" he said.

'"Don't talk about poop, I haven't had breakfast" Kaydi grunted.

"But they were kinda salty and she said it is a secret ingridents  that we Africans use in making different kinds of vegetable soups and other types of soup" he explained.

"How is poop salty?" Kaydi said to no one in particular and I almost laughed at how her face turned into.

"Is that only what you got from the explanation I've been giving?" He said, almost annoyed at Kaydi who held her hands up slightly in surrender and muttered an apology under her breath.

"Anyways" he flipped his invisible hair and cleared his throat and I watched him in amusement. "The two god blessing chipmunks decided to grind it and mixed it with ma dads perfume and he wore it to work, smelling like a dumpster manager" he said and I laughed as we parted ways.