Eight |Spotlight

Sunday went in a blur and I woke up before my alarm to get ready for school. Mom got back around three in the morning and she was looking like a zombie because she was really tired and needed sleep.

I did my business and got dressed in an a red hoodie and black leggings. Milo was driving me today and I was happy I wasn't taking the bus.

I left my hair down and grabbed my books and my headphones. I haven't seen Mr Yesh since Friday and I wasnt surprised when I saw him driving out of his driveway early that morning.

"Mom, I'm having the newspaper club today" I half yelled and followed Milo out.

"Is Andie coming with us today?" I asked as he drove out of the drive way.

" no why'd you ask?" He said, looking at me briefly before looking back on the road.

"Nothing" I said and stared outside. I didn't have a real reason to ask that and Milo didn't pester me.

"So have you had your first kiss yet?" He asked and I turned to see a cocky smile on his annoying looking lips.

"We are not going into that this morning"I said and prayed we would get to school faster. I didn't want my brother poking his nose around my business.

"I take that as a no" he said and I didn't say anything. "That's okay" he said and I turned to face him in shock.

"Is it?" I asked dryly. Most people my age can't count how many boys they've kissed and here I am, never had the guts to kiss someone.

"I mean, most people don't give it to someone special but since you haven't had yours, might as well give Mr right" he said and he was beginning to annoy the hell out of my ear drums.

"Yeah right" I said and got down from the car a as he parked. I waved and walked into the school. I was in between taking out my books when I heard someone come up behind me.

"Gotcha" a familiar voice said and I turned to see Kaydi but she wasnt alone. A dark skin boy was standing behind her, on his phone.

If I tell you I didn't know everyone in my grade, please don't kill me because we were much for me to know everyone.

"Hi" she said smiling at me. The boy was still on his phone. I adjusted my glasses and smiled at her.

"Hey".

"Meet Chris, Chris this is Cloe my new girlfriend" she said and the boy finally looked up at me. He was studying me and I gulped nervously. He had black eyes and had his hair full and trimmed. He had earphones on his neck.

"Pleasure to meet you mademoiselle" he said and I relaxed a little and took his hand. He kissed it faintly and I cold feel my face flush.

"You too" I said and removed my hand.

"Forgive my manners but I'm sure you've heard about me from,you know around" he said and grinned. " I'm Chris, Chris Brown and its nice to meet a fan" he said and Cloe hit her forehead with her palm.

"Jeez, stop that. You say that every time and you don't know if she is even a fan of Chris Brown" Kaydi said.

"Who isn't a fan of Chris Brown?" He protested and I bit my lip as I watched them bicker like an old married couple.

"My grandma" Kaydi said and he frowned.

"Your grand ma is dead, Kaydi" he pointed out and I laughed. They were really funny to not laugh.

"Yeah whatever" Kaydi said and turned to face me. " so how was your weekend after you left?"

"Cool actually. I just watched Netflix and ate tons of ice cream" I said.