Chapter Fifteen

Warning to younger readers: this chapter has a naughty scene. Oops.

When I woke again the sun was up and he was fast asleep. I pushed myself up from his chest and walked into the kitchen. He needed to sleep. The clock on the oven read 10:38. Wow, we slept longer than I thought. I was glad he took off work, he definitely wasn't fit to leave the house anytime soon.

I decided to prepare chicken noodle soup after making myself a cup of tea. I diced up the onion, carrots and celery before placing them in a pot with butter and chicken. Once the chicken was cooked through I added vegetable stock and some spices. I turned the fire to low and covered it with the lid before I sat down on the couch with a book.

After an hour or so I added the pasta and let it boil, stirring every now and again.

"What's cookin' good lookin'," a croaky voice broke the otherwise silent apartment.

I turned and looked at him sternly, "Go back to bed."

He threw his arms up in mock surrender with a smile, "Whoa take it easy." But he continued his walk toward me anyways.

I rolled my eyes, "It's chicken noodle soup, and you should be laying down."

"But it's so lonely in there," he whined.

God he's a child when he's sick.

"Fine, lay on the couch. I'll bring you soup."

He looked pleased and took his spot on the couch.

Once the pasta was cooked through I scooped out a bowl and brought it to him along with a tall glass of water.

"Thank you," His eyes lit up and took a bite.

I turned away and heard him moan a little, "Yum."

I smiled, glad he liked it.

I made myself a bowl and sat down at the table, crossing my legs on the seat. I opened my book back up and continued reading where I left off.

Only got about a page in before Roger started talking again.

"Nat!" he shrieked.

My head snapped to him in worry, "What?"

"More soup please," he had a boyish smile.

I bit my lip to hold back my smile. He was in a funny mood.

"Fine," I got up and took his bowl, adding a second helping and bringing it back to him. Once I set it down on the coffee table I felt his forehead again.

"You still have a fever," I frowned.

He only gazed up at me, "It's fine. Fevers are meant to help fight infection anyways."

I bit the inside of my cheek, "I suppose yeah."

"I'll be healthy in no time," he smiled.

I smiled back and returned to my book.

He fell asleep again so I took that time to take a shower after I cleaned up from the soup. I dressed in a white tee and sweatpants. There really was no point of putting on real clothes. I'd just be here taking care of Roger anyways.

I walked into the living room and Roger was awake, watching television. When he saw me he called me over.

"Lay with me."

My lips quirked up a tiny bit.

He opened up his blanket and I crawled in on top of him, feeling the heat of him instantly.