Chapter Nine

Just like a curtain, his eyes became guarded from my question.

Oh god. This is not a good sign.

My heart beat faster, "Did you, Roger? Did you plan this? You chose me, didn't you?"

He glared at me.

My eyes grew wide. I didn't actually think he actually chose me. But his reaction gave it all away.

He stands up, about to walk away.

Panic grips my heart, and my body tenses.

"You fucker! You chose me? You wanted me to get kidnapped and taken here?"

"Fuck off." He walked into the kitchen and stood with his arms gripping the counter, taking a breath. He shook his head a little and took out a bottle of whiskey. He took a large swig as I walked after him, full of rage.

Angry tears clouded my vision.

"Why would you do this to me!" I cry out to him. Tears streak down my cheeks, tickling the skin.

He wouldn't look at me, guilt coloring his features.

I ran up to him and took his face in my hands, forcing him to look me in the eyes. He only shoved me away from him, causing me to fall roughly to the floor. I hit my head against some cabinets, making a loud noise. Honestly the noise was more dramatic than the actual hit.

Remorse filled his eyes as he slammed down the bottle and knelt next to me.

"Shit, Natalie. I'm sorry, I'm sorry." He grasped my arm gently, trying to help me up.

I glared at him, my head throbbing.

"Get the fuck away from me." I spat at him and stood up on my own. Grabbing his whiskey, I took a large swig. The liquid burned my throat but I was too angry to let it affect me. I still couldn't believe all of this.

"You stay the fuck away from me," I yelled to him and walked into his bedroom, locking the door behind me.

I sat on his bed and drank as I cried. Why me? Why in the hell did he choose me to go through this? It was beyond wrong. I took one of his pillows and screamed, my cries muffled from his hearing.

Before, it was like I was kidnapped at random. It was like it was a shitty thing that happened to me and thousands of other girls. I could deal with that. But now that I knew Roger chose me, I couldn't handle it. It was like it was my fault now, like I'd done something to cause this to happen to me. I just didn't know what. I didn't know what I did to make him want me.

I took another gulp and choked back a sob.

The alcohol had set in and I felt dizzy. I took a step off the bed, stumbling over my own two feet, the world a blur in front of me.

Roger knocked on the door, "Natalie let me in."

"No," I called hastily.

I wiped my face, taking one more chug of whiskey and stumbled into his bathroom.

I stripped off my clothes and turned on the shower, sobbing as I lay on the floor, letting the water warm me.

I could distantly hear Roger pounding against the door calling out to me, but I ignored him.

I was too drunk and too upset to do anything but lay there and cry.

I heard a bang and Roger came rushing into the bathroom and turned off the shower.

I paid no attention to him as I lay there. I didn't even care that he saw me naked, but I knew that was probably due to the alcohol.

He picked me up and wrapped me in a towel, cradling me in his arms.