Crumbling Down

3rd person:
It has been five years since Malcolm got drafted to fight in the war.

A fleet of King Richard's men made it back. Reporting that along with many men, the King had fallen. There was a knock on the door to the Locksleys' home. Marian opened the dark oak door.

Robin's point of view:

I saw mother glide towards the door in her simple lilac dress. A knight dressed in chain mail with a blue cape was causing a shadow behind mother. "I have come to report. Malcolm of Locksley died in the war."
"Nooooooooo!" I cried running towards the door. Mother grabbed me before I could get any closer to the knight. Tears were streaming down our faces. The knight apologized and then left.
"Robin, please calm down."
"How?" "We find out he died and you act like you didn't just lose your husband!"
"Sweetie, the day he left I knew that the moment I shared with him would probably be his last." She embraced me in a tight hug. It felt like we hugged forever, but then she finally let go.
"Are you going to break the news to Archer, when he gets home?"
"Yes," Mother replied.

3rd person:

Archer returned home several hours later. As he walked into the house, he felt as if there was a part of him missing. He had already heard the news about his father. It was the talk of the town. Men from all different classes risking their lives just for Prince John to inherit the throne. Like many other townspeople, he was angry with the new "King John". "Oh, Archer."
"I heard mother," Archer stated coldly.
Robin realized the anger Archer was trying to cover up. Marian and the maids started on dinner. As for Robin, she knew she had to talk to Archer.

Robin's point of view:

"Archer..." I knocked on the wall just outside his room.
"Yes... Robin"
"May I come in?"
"Fine." I took in a deep breath. I knew that if he was already upset, we would just cause a fight if I didn't keep my cool. I saw Archer sitting on his bed looking out the small glass window. I had always loved the scenery around the house. It gave the cottage a rather welcoming feeling.
"I hope you aren't going to do anything irrational."
"The men that didn't fight are going to break in the castle and defeat Prince John."
"Archer, you know that will never work." I tried to reason with what he had just told me. "Prince John has some of the best knights in the realm."
"I am going and you are not going to change my mind!" Archer snapped at Robin.
"But what about mother..."
"We will overthrow Prince John and restore peace to England!" (We are going to pretend England is similar to Camelot and not actually England.)
"At least let me train with you!" I snapped back at him. I couldn't afford to lose my brother. He's stubborn and I know my attempts will fail.
"You are not that good of a fighter."
"Archer, I have become a lot better."
"No arrows, just swords."
"Okay."
Mother's voice broke our intense stare. "Dinner is ready, children."
"Okay, mother." Archer and I responded at the same time.

As we neared the table, I could smell the fresh slices of bread. Mother's face was red and puffy. I knew she would be completely broken if she found out Archer was going to take on the King. We all ate in silence. Archer motioned to me to follow to him to the backyard. The pine trees shading off the area where we used to play as kids. Archer picked up two swords and threw one at me.

I caught the sword easily. I have been training with every weapon since my father left for war. I would practice when Archer would go to work and when mother didn't need my help. I was brought out of my thoughts when Archer took the first swing. His swing was full of power but lacked aim. I blocked his blow and took a swing of my own. He barely blocked my hit. We went back in forth in this pattern until I tripped him with my foot and held my sword to his neck.
"Do you summit?"
"Ugh...yes" I lifted my sword from his neck and smiled at the memories it brought back. I helped Archer up. He looked at me with an annoyed expression. I giggled and pulled him into a hug.
"Please be safe. And don't do anything stupid." "Fight and come back to us," I pleaded.
"I always do."
"Archer, you always come back from work." He tried to interrupt, but I just continued. "The act you are going to commit means treason."
"I know." I can't believe that's all he had to say. I looked at him anger growing on my face. I stormed over to the weapon bin and grab my bow. I scooped up five arrows and stomped towards the weary target. I knew Archer had headed inside to say his goodbyes and meet with the group of townsmen.

I grabbed an arrow from my bag and lined it up with the target. I placed the arrow on the bow and drew the arrow towards my glazed green eyes. I realized the arrow hit the bullseye. I never missed a shot.

The mob began their attack at sundown. You could hear the screams from the outskirts of town. I grabbed my green hood that my mother had made me for hunting and headed out. I ran with my feet trailing behind me. When I arrived at the kingdom, fire soared the entrance of the castle. I figured that the men had made it in. I was swift with my movements making sure not to be noticed. I bolted to where the screams were mainly coming from. Many men, few I recognized, lied there lifeless on the carpet to the throne room. Red was painted everywhere. I lingered towards the infamous Sheriff of Nottingham and his men. I only had four arrows. I fired two arrows at three knights. The two arrows pinning the three knights down. Four more knights charged at me. I jumped over the one and stabbed the other knight with a dagger from my belt. The two knights tried to grab a hold of me but I knocked them both out. I shot an arrow into the sheriff's cape. He stumbled back. I unsheathed my sword from my belt and placed a deep cut down his right arm.
"Who are you?!" He screamed in pain. I didn't think that far. I knew townspeople would look to the figure who fought against the phony king of England.
"I am Robin Hood!" I said full of confidence. I held my sword to his neck. Suddenly, I heard a voice. It was Archer! He was lying there defenseless on the carpet. I ran over to him.
"Robin..." he whispered. I pressed my forehead to his. Cold tears fell down my bloody face. His brown eyes began to roll back into his head. I gently closed his eyelids. I began to stand up when I felt a sword fly at my side. The sheriff had taken a hard blow to my left side. I screamed in pain and gripped the spot where a lot of the blood was coming from. My hands shook at the thought that he had the upper hand. He looked into my eyes and saw the angry pour out from them. He started to run. Truly he was a coward. I saw a man trying to sit up next to Archer. I grabbed his arm and yanked him up. I started to pull him along. "Little John."
"What?"
"My name...Little John."
"Robin Hood."

Sorry for the long chapter.
Word count: 1317