The Locksleys'

3rd person:

As a nobleman, one can only hope to start a life. Settle down and live in a warm, comfy manor with their lovely wife and children. Malcolm and Marian have two children. Archer, a blonde-haired boy with dazzling brown eyes. And their prize possession, Robin. She has brunette curls that run down her back with sea-green eyes. The children are always keeping Marian active. Archer is twelve, whereas Robin is ten.

Marian's point of view:

"You two are trouble you know," I mumbled to myself. Giggling could be heard from down the hall. As I approached the room I saw, Archer lying on the floor as Robin held a wooden dagger to his neck. She was wearing her father's hunting hat and Archer was wearing his father's belt.
"Do you summit?" the little girl questioned.
"Never!" yelled the boy.
"Then you will go to jail for your wrong doing!" She said determinedly.
I knew what was going happen next. This time however I would intervene before "the duel" began. "Alright, you two that's enough."
"But mom..." both kids whined.
"It's getting late and you two need to go to bed."
" Okay mom," Archer said through yawns. Robin was rubbing her eyes. I giggled. I knew they wouldn't put up a fight to sleep tonight.

A couple hours later... 3rd person:

The old, creaky door began to open as Marian finished. She walked over to the front of their home. There she saw the man she loved slug inside the entry way. Malcolm sighed. He looked up to find his wife grinning with glee. He knew she was excited for his return, but not the news he was about to tell her. "Honey, oh how I have missed you!" Marian stated.
"As have I, darling."
"What's wrong I know that face?"
"I have been drafted to fight alongside the King."
"Malcolm, no..." the tears started to fall out of Marian's eyes.
"You know I would refuse if I could, but it's not up to me."
"I know."
" I have to leave in the morning." A frown passed the old man's face.
"What!?" She was furious with the news she was just told.
"I am so sorry, honey." Malcolm pleaded.
"I guess all we can do is enjoy the our last night together."
" Marian, I will be back."
"I really, really hope so."

"Dad?" A young voice piped in.
"Robin, I thought you were in bed," Marian said wiping any tears that were present on her face.
"You're leaving dad?" A clear glaze covered Robin's green eyes.
"Yes, but I will be back as soon as I can." Her father tried to say more confidently.
Marian chimed in, "Robin please go back to bed; I will explain everything in the morning."
"Yes...mom," the daughter's voice shaking. She ran to the tall dark figure and squeezed him tight. "I love you...dad" Robin couldn't stop the tears streaming down her face.
"I love you too." Now his voice started to shake as he shallowed the lump in his throat. He bent down and kissed her on the forehead and watched as his daughter's figure disappeared. The couple spent the rest of the night together.

The sun rose over the violet sky. The light causing the purple to change to many different shades of pinks and oranges. Malcolm and Marian said their goodbyes because this would have been the last time they ever saw each other's faces.

Word count: 582

We are gonna get to the good stuff but the first two chapters will lead to the plot(s).