The Mission

3rd person point of view:

As the rooster crowed, many villagers began to prepare for the battle. Men with swords and some children with their mothers hiding in places. Arthur gave out orders. The plan was almost in place with Morgana by the tiny cottage that was where the signal would be started. Merlin, Arthur, and some other men hid behind the first two cottages, as the rest of the men and women were hiding further back. Robin Hood hid on a triangle-like roof with her bow in her hand.

The bandits came down the hill and reached the village.

Arthur's point of view:
As we waited for the signal, Kanen and his men began coming closer. I was started to get worried that Morgana couldn't start the fire for the signal. I glanced around with worry in my eyes. When I glanced back up I saw, Robin Hood, running across the roof and landed near Morgana.

Robin Hood's point of view:
The bandits began to gain on the villager's land. I obviously came to the conclusion that Morgana couldn't start the fire. Without really thinking, I leaped across the roof to another rooftop and then to where Morgana was. I sprung down to where she was kneeling desperately trying to create a spark. I looked at her to which she handed me the rocks. I took a deep breath and used all my strength to try and light a spark. A fiery orange caught on to the path Arthur had planned for the signal. A ring of fire surrounded the front of the village taking Kanen's men back by surprise. All the villagers emerged from their spots and started to attack. I spun around the cottage firing two arrows at the two front riders. A young woman ripped a bandit from his horse and started beating him up. I felt a small smile cross my lips. I missed the action, especially with the merry men. I placed my bow on my back and withdrew my sword. I rushed towards a group of bandits and took them out with swift blows. I wished to say we were winning, but there were so many men. Scanning the area, my eyes reached their destination. Kanen. I glided in front of Kanen's opponent and challenged Kanen myself. He grinned as he recognized who I was.
"So we meet at last... Robin Hood." The mockery in his voice.
"I'm afraid we do drunky." I said grinning. " I was kind of offended when you didn't buy a drink at the bar." A look of anger crossed his features.
He raised his sword and tried to take a blow to my head, to which I blocked. The fight continued with tired people on each side. My moves started to become sloppier and sweat broke across my forehead. Caught off guard, Kanen pinned me up against the side of a cottage. And with one quick stab into my left side. How convenient the place where I was permanently wounded! Why not just cut it open again! Pain shot up my side as I twisted my sword into Kanen's chest. I watched as he fell. Gripping onto my side, happy that it's over. Although walking become a new challenge.

Arthur's point of view:
" Who did that?" I questioned with anger.
"Did what?" Both Merlin and his friend repeated.
"I know magic when I see it, so who did it!"
Merlin went to speak, but then... I heard Robin Hood scream.

3rd person point of view:
With his last breath, Kanen shot an arrow at Arthur. Robin Hood screamed Arthur's name and tackled him to the ground dodging the arrow. However, the arrow pierced through Will's chest. Merlin screamed Will's name in agony as Arthur, Robin Hood, Morgana, and Gwen rushed over. Robin Hood picked up one side of Will as Merlin got the other. They brought Will to Hunith's hut.

Robin Hood's point of view:

We placed Will on Hunith's bed. The elderly woman brought some healing herbs and towels to try to mend Will, but the wound was already infected. Will started to speak with Merlin. They talked about all the things they did. Then he turned to Arthur and said that it was him who used magic to get rid of some bandits. I was use to seeing magic. For magic was all around us. We couldn't stop it even if we tried. I always found the beauty that magic possessed quite fascinating. I looked at the now passed Will. I felt bad for the boy. However, my thoughts were interrupted by tiny black dots dancing over my eyes. I limped out of the cottage with my right arm stretched across my body to my left side. I saw Hunith's coming back and grabbed her aside.
"Robin Hood are you alright?" The lady asked. I knew I had to explain fast before I passed out from all the blood loss. " I need medical attention, but no one must know. My identity is my secret and I am trusting you with it."
The woman's mouthed open in shock and helped me back into the cottage. She told the boys to take Will to his bed to be burned. This bought me some time to get cleaned up and figure out how to escape. For Arthur's a prince for all I know his reputation in all the lands would only increase in its glory.

Word count: 895 words

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. The holidays are always so busy. I hope everyone had a good holiday!