iv.

chapter iv .
the newfound caregiver

          sam walked in through the motel door with two bags in hand.
he was displaying his normal 'bitch face' with his lips pressed tightly, he closed the door behind him quietly, noticing dean lounging in the small dinning area, the youngest brother sighed and placed the bags down, "what're you doing dean." sam questioned, "what does it look like i'm doing." dean deadpanned, sam rolled his eyes before grabbing the bag he had separated for luna.

inside were dark chocolates, pads, apple juice—since for some reason she almost always craved when in her period—and some stupid disney movies he knew luna loved to watch.
dean watched as sam placed the items in the bags on the small bed he and luna shared, "is it mother nature and her call for revenge already? isn't it a few days—or weeks from now?" dean mumbled closing his laptop, his face scrunching up in confusion,

sam sighed, "she got it a few days early." he deadpanned, sam furrowed his brows before continuing "you know, i can't believe you didn't notice—her mood changes drastically these days." dean rolled his eyes as if saying 'how am i supposed to know.' "dude." sam deadpanned before rolling his eyes and walking towards the restroom door, dean gave him a look of confusion before sighing and standing up following right after.

"luna" sam mumbled in a singsong voice, letting his knuckles tap softly on the wooden door, he heard a soft sniffle over the water which caused his face to naturally soften at the sound of his babygirl, "sammy?"

"yeah princess, i'm right here. you—you wanna open the door for me?" sam questioned from the other side of the door, he waited a few seconds before hearing the shower curtain open and soft patter of her feet, he heard the door unlock and waited momentarily for luna to get back into the water, once her heard the shower curtain close he walked inside, dean hot on his heals before sam placed a hand on his chest with a small shake of his head, dean sighed giving his brother a small nod before walking back out the restroom door with a huff.

"hey, baby, i've got your things right here. there's some chocolates and mo—" sam got cut off by the small girl who sniffled loudly, the younger winchester placed the bag down with a sigh before sitting on the floor beside where luna was in the tub, he hesitated- not wanting for luna to feel uncomfortable but questioned anyway,

"you need any help in there, sweet girl?" sam asked, his tone soft and loving. he shut his eyes waiting for a rejection but not hearing one, he opened an eye and glanced to where lunas small hand sticked out of the shower curtain, her face only appearing slightly, the little girl nodded waiting for him to help her in the tub. sam let out a relieved sigh giving her a small smile "i am going to pull back the curtain okay?" he mentioned cautiously, sam's never seen luna fully naked before, sure he's seen her in her underwear, but completely bare? never—and he didn't want her to be uncomfortable or in any way feel strange, so he tried his best to let her decide on what he could help with.

the young winchester waited a few moments before finally letting out a breath and opening the cheap, white shower curtain.

the sight before him made him take a much needed breath, how could luna look so pure despite everything they've all been through?
there were certain moments sam thought about a lot—moments like these where her tough facade would disperse and leave behind the little girl in need of loads of affection and extra care.

sam didn't know what triggered it—he assumed luna just allowed herself to align with her inner child every once in a while as some form of mechanism.
but one thing was for sure he was definitely whipped, for all sides of her many personalities.