vii.

chapter vii .
the unspoken

*slight mature topics; broken trust, betrayal, healthy(not rlly) coping methods*

luna curled her body against sam's, she smiled, high in the feeling of love.

love. it was a weird thing to say. yeah, she loved her best friends, her family. but shes never loved before, at-least not in the way she loves sam and dean. no, never that hard.

no man the young hunter had ever been with wanted to get to know her fully; they wanted her body, sure, but never her mind. in a way she was the same, having a ginormous crush on the biggest player makes you hurt in more ways then most, but she'd gotten used to it with coping, sleeping around (and drinking) was one of them.
the feeling of rejection wasn't new to her, but it did hit harder. she not only felt rejected by the man she loved, she felt betrayed that dean would do that to her out of all people.. back in the day, way before john went missing and sam joined the crew, there used to be more to them then 'just friends' they would flirt like always, but there was that something else hidden behind their harmless flirts, they both knew it, but neither one or the other acted on those feelings.

you'd find it surprising when luna entered her motel room expecting dean to be waiting for her with greasy burgers and a movie playing on the tv, yelling at her for taking too long whilst laying on the one bed they always slept in. except, finding dean half naked on top of some cheap *girl* at the bar who's face was caked with too much makeup and hair was far too fried to touch. it was painful to say the least, she'd dropped the pie she brought for dean onto the floor out of shock which caused him to separate himself from her, his brain scrambling for excuses as his mouth opened up to blubber a muster of shit.

but luna was always fine, even when she wasn't. she cleared her throat and shook her head with a small smile, stiffly leaning down to grab the fallen goods as she tried not to cry in front of him. she avoided his looks at all cost as he put his pants back on and rushed over to her, "there's, uh—pie. your favorite." she mumbled, sparing him a glance as she exited the front door, ignoring his painful looks and soft words of comfort.

they had nothing going on, yet they did. they had this unspoken bond that went way beyond friendship and he broke it.

luna did everything to forget that day existed, she acted as if she were fine until one day she was. and that day was the day they picked up sam. luna and him hadn't known anything about each other—other then the dumb things dean brought up about his brother to his best friend. from that day on they became the perfect trio, hunting as their main profession. everyone knew about about 'the girl who belongs to the winchester's.' and soon enough so did the supernatural side, which led to more problems then before, but nothing they couldn't overcome. they'd always bounce back up no matter what, it was what they did. always.

"hey, when did you wake up princess?." sam smiled as he was brought out of sleep to his perfect girl. the little girl shrugged, a gummy smile displaying brightly on the lips her pacifier was hanging from,

the young winchester chuckled at her expression, flipping them over and littering her face with gentle kisses, "dada!" luna giggled cutely, her face scrunching up in the most adorable way which caused sam to sit back and admire the view

he watched the way her eyes squinted as laughter escaped her paci filled lips, and the soft freckles that laid across her face and neck.
those soft brown eyes that looked at him so wonderfully it almost made him wonder if she was really looking at him, and lastly her smile. the same smile she'd given him when he agreed to leave with her and his brother. sam wouldn't admit it to anyone, but at that moment he swore he fell in love, screw everyone else—he wanted her, and finally he's got her.

"what ith it daddy?" luna questioned, sam shook his head and gently removed the pacifier from her plumb lips, "nothing, sweetheart." he mumbled as he leaned in to press his lips against her cheek, savoring the feeling of her soft skin as he peppered some more along her face which caused her to giggle.
he loved her indefinitely, he just didn't know it yet.

that moment was definitely not the best for dean to burst in, oblivious to the couple as he removed his tie, he only realized what was going on around him when he heard luna let out a small squeak mere seconds after, it was then that he witnessed sam pulling away from the small girl to turn to look at his older brother—something that dean by no means took innocently.
the eldest man could've sworn he felt his heart break all over again, dean tried to hide his obvious tears with anger like he always did.
he glared at the couple, mind scrambled with thoughts of murder "damnit sammy, i said take care of 'er not rail 'er!" he yelled, pointing between him and the little girl who was so obviously getting scared, her little mind had never witnessed anyone so angry before, especially from dean himself.

sam's eyes widened as he glanced from dean to luna knowing that the little girl was currently in her headspace, and sure enough his thoughts were soon confirmed as he noticed the tears in her soft eyes,

the young winchester worked quickly as he sat up and pulled luna onto his lap despite dean being in the room with them, "hey, baby. you're okay. you're okay." sam whispered sweet nothings on the shell of her ear, cradling her like you would a baby and brushing a hand through her hair gently.
the sight before him angered dean even more, he watched as his brother comforted his girl. he was more then angry at that point, he was furious, and his thoughts were also clouded with jealousy. so he did the only thing he thought sane in that moment, he walked over to his younger brother and practically rips her away from him as he grabs ahold of luna.

cradling her in his arms just like sam had done moments ago, he placed himself on the edge of the bed as he rocked his body softly, luna, although still quit scared, was already used to his rough touch so she practically leaned into him for comfort, unwillingly falling deeper into little space.

seconds which felt like minutes passed and sam noticed how rowdy luna was getting as she wiggled in deans hold, he took hold of lunas forgotten paci and tried to move near the pair so he could place it in her mouth, but of course dean wouldn't let him.

every time he'd try dean would grumble a low 'stay back.' as he tried to calm the whining baby.

"you know how luna is, sam, she's a kid. damn it she's practically a baby, and you," he gave sam a stern glare "were supposed to take care of her. the woman was on her period sammy, she needed to be left at peace, not get overcrowded by a hormonal boy." he growled, continuing his rant and going on and on about manners and what not.

soon enough luna had gotten enough of the yelling and she began to cry, she was sleepy from all the gentle sways dean had been doing, and the fact that he was caressing her skin softly, almost as if she were going to break, was definitely not helping her issue. she wanted her paci, and fast. dean tried to calm the little girl, whispering soft words in her ear as he placed his free hand on her lower belly, thinking that maybe it was cramps but nothing was working.
sam sighed from his place across the bed and stoped his older brother "dean, j- just stop." he said, dean huffed but stopped letting the small girl continue to wail in his arms "put your thumb in her mouth." he continued, motioning for his hand, dean furrowed his eyebrows looking over at his brother with a face that practically screamed 'what the fuck'

the young man rolled his eyes "just do it." he let out a breath but did as sam said, he slowly lifted his hand, resting it under her chin as his thumb made its way into her mouth. the contact instantly made her shut up as she began to suck happily on his finger, laying comfortably against dean.

the said man wasn't even bothered, he didn't have time for hormones as he watched the girl he had fallen in love with suck on his thumb. it was the cutest sight he's ever laid eyes on. sam watched as his brother admired luna and her little ways, he smiled, slowly moving to sit beside dean who remained unbothered by his presence.

"dean, she's a little."

a message from the author.
here is the chapter you all have waited for! sorry for taking long but not really sorry for the cliffhanger. i've got special plans for next chapter. help y'all like it
BTW SORRY FOR ANY MISTAKES PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CORRECT ME.