Mickey's Sorcerer Hat

ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED IN JANUARY 2015

Mickey's Sorcerer Hat: Hollywood Studios
Lost Disney World Attractions

March 28, 2001- January 7, 2015

First lost attraction!

The Sorcerer's Hat is the former icon of Disney's Hollywood Studios at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida. It replaced the Earful Tower as the theme park's marketing material and is now the icon of the Walt Disney Studios Park in France, which there is known as the Earrful Tower. Mickey Mouse's glove hand and ears underneath the hat are visible emerging from the ground.

Built in front of the Great Movie Ride, the Sorcerer's Hat debuted on March 28, 2001 as part of the 100 Years of Magic celebration at the Walt Disney World Resort. The structure was inspired by the Sorcerer's Apprentice segment in Walt Disney's 1940 animated film Fantasia.

During the celebration, interactive kiosks were installed underneath the Sorcerer's Hat where guests could learn about Walt Disney's life and career

During the celebration, interactive kiosks were installed underneath the Sorcerer's Hat where guests could learn about Walt Disney's life and career. When the celebration ended in early 2003, the kiosks were removed.

The hat has been used as a venue for pin trading and sales, as well as the backdrop to many special events and shows. Disney characters make meet and greet appearances around the hat throughout the day. On May 20, 2011, the Sorcerer's Hat served as the venue for the grand opening ceremony for Star Tours: The Adventures Continue. On October 24, 2014, park management announced that the hat would be removed as part of a makeover for DHS.

Deconstruction of the hat began in January 7, 2015 with it disappearing completely from sight on February 25th.

Source: Disney Wiki

November-26-2019 Update: Updated and changed chapter with added information. Original chapter title: "Mickey Sorcerer Hat/World's largest hidden Mickey!"