Humbert

Originally published in July-27-2015

Humbert: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Forgotten Disney Characters

The Huntsman (named Humbert in some publicity materials) is a servant of the Queen and a minor character in animated feature film Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

For the sequence in which the Huntsman fails to do away with Snow White and tells her to flee into the forest, the Huntsman was first conceived as a ruthless and dangerous killer, who looked forward to his job such that his face would light up when the Queen gave him new instructions. A large amount of dialogue would have been required to explain why he could not carry out his task and what Snow White then had to do. However, it was felt that this version of the story contained too delicate acting from the characters involved, presenting difficulties for the animators. After more story meetings, Walt Disney suggested that the scene involve Snow White helping a lost, frightened baby bird, to emphasize her innocence and thus create a stronger situation. How the Huntsman should drop the knife and whether Snow White should notice the knife before or after it is dropped, generated a large amount of discussion and Walt Disney suggested that the Huntsman be kept in shadow to create a more dramatic situation.

A story meeting held on June 27, 1936, mentions several elements of the scene that are present in the final film, including the Huntsman's voice echoing after Snow White as she flees: the Huntsman says, "The Queen! The Queen! Go, go, go and never return to the castle for the sake of not only yourself, but for those who love you! Don't return!"

He has a major roll in Once Upon a Time.

In Fairest of All: A Tale of the Wicked Queen, it's revealed that the huntsman is the First King's great-uncle's servant. He later appears to tell the queen that Snow White almost killed herself since she was riding his horse. It's also revealed that, when the Magic Mirror told the Queen the pig-heart trick, the Queen killed him with her belt while he was leading his horse out of the stable.

Please always Comment and Vote.

Thank you! :D

See you on the wicked side~rewrite

Source: DisneyWiki

August-31-2020 Update: Updated and changed chapter with added information.