boxer's girl // two

Hannah's POV

I was punching the punching bag in the gym downstairs when I felt hands on my waist. Shortly after, I felt a warm breath on my neck and the hands reposition my stance a little. "Keep your core strong." Cole.

"Thanks." I panted out since I had been punching hard.

"You mad about something?" Cole asked as I turned to take a drink.

"Why would you think that?" I have a habit of answering questions that I don't want to answer with another question.

"You were going at it pretty hard." He gestured to the bag as he crossed his insanely muscular arms.

"Maybe. Anyways, have a good workout. I'll leave you to it." I was about to leave when he gripped my waist again. He stopped me from leaving but didn't move his hand away.

"I like having you around."

"Why?" Idiot. Don't ask that to an attractive guy when he says that.

"You're different. I like it." He smiled. I've never seen him smile before, and it was beautiful. We stood closely together in silence. His hand remaining on my hip.

"Did I just enter the twilight zone?" Jad walked through the doorway with an apple in hand causing Cole and I to back away from each other.

"I'll-um. I'm going to go change. I have classes today." I didn't make eye contact with Cole again as I walked out of the gym.

-

After an hour of getting ready, I looked at myself in the mirror in my skinny jeans, black v neck t shirt, and black vans. My hair had been straightened then played with to give it a messy look.

I was beyond nervous. This is a new school, and thats not what worried me. Jack being there is what worries me most.

I studied myself before hearing a gruff voice behind me. "You look great. Are you ready to leave?" Cole asked from my doorway. I blushed at his compliment before following him outside.

"You're driving me?" I asked smiling at the idea.

"Yeah. Do you not want me to?" He chuckled under his breath.

"No. I just didn't take you as the type to drive me around." I smirked as we drove away towards my hell hole of a school.

"Well, you judged me wrong." He smirked back at me.

"I suppose I did, Cole Sparks." I leaned over and kissed his cheek before thanking him and leaving for my classes.

-

I had managed to make it the whole day without seeing Jake. I was thankful for that until after school as I walked to the front to either walk or be picked up.

"Hannah, Hannah, Hannah. Darling, how I've missed you." His voice was so creepy.

"Oh, how I cannot say I feel the same." I snapped back as I continued walking only to be gripped by my forearm as we reached the front gates that opened up to the parking lot.

"Listen. You can't talk to me like that." He gripped my arm harder. Sure, I can hit, but he's stronger and would just hit back harder. He has no mercy.

"Please, let me go." I sighed.

"You think you're getting away from me again? Aw, that's cute." Why does everything he say sound like I'm about to be kidnapped?

"Let me go." I demanded a little harder this time.

"Back away from her before I do something that I could get into serious trouble for." Thank god for Cole always snooping in my business.

"And why should I do that?" Jack snapped back, still not letting me go.

"Because if you don't, I may have to kill you." Cole's sarcastic smile made me laugh lightly. "You have 3 seconds to let go of her." His voice was definitely more irritated that time.

"Goddamn, have the slut. For today." Jack pushed me forward, and I rolled my eyes as I pulled a furious Cole to the car.

Once we got in the car, I rested my hand over Coles. "Don't let him get to you." I felt him relax at my touch.

"Who is he?" He asked as we pulled out of my schools parking lot.

"Jack." I answered vaguely as we neared the house.

"Yeah, but how do you know him?" He pushed further.

"School." Another vague answer.

"Did you guys date or something?" This time when he asked it, he sounded more angry. Maybe jealous? We walked up the stairs nearing my door.

"Why do you care?" Of course, I answer that with another question. I opened my door and closed it before he could say anything more.

Sinking to the ground and pulling my knees into my chest, I began to cry. Jack. God, I hate Jack. Jack ruined everything.

"Han?" Coles voice rang through my door.

"Yeah?" I tried to sound fine. Clearly I wasn't.

I forgot how strong Cole was because he pushed me, along with the door, open. Once he saw my tears and red face, he closed the door again and picked me up in his arms. He brought me over to the bed and sat me in his lap.

"What's wrong?" God, if only you knew.

"Nothing. I just- I saw The Fault In Our Stars last night, and its just getting to me." I faked a smile and laugh as I wiped my tears away.

"Why are you lying to me?" He sounded hurt that I lied.

"Why ahouldn't I when you don't care?"

"Stop doing that." Cole grumbled.

"Stop what?"

"Stop answering my questions with other questions." He ran his free hand through his hair before focusing on me again. "I don't know what happened with you and that Jack guy after school, but I do care. And whenever you're ready, talk to me." He sounded genuinely concerned, and I couldn't help but to let out a sob and cuddle into his chest as his soft words and reminder of Jack.

After a good 10 minutes of sitting on Cole's lap with his hands ribbing soothing circles into my back and brushing my hair slightly, I finally stopped crying. I didn't want to cry over Jack anyways, but I couldn't help it. Everytime I see him or even think about him too much, I cry. Now Cole and I were laying down on my bed, his arm wrapped around my shoulder while I rested my head on his chest. He continued his soothing circle pattern on my thigh that was now draped over his leg. I don't know when I because this comfortable with Cole. I usually aren't a very open person. Actually, I never am. But something about Cole makes it okay to trust him.

"It was a bet." I spoke quietly. I felt Cole turn his head to me.

"What was?" I know he understood what I was saying, but he just wanted clarity.

"I was. Jack and Ryan, one of Jack's friends, made a bet to see who could take my virginity first." I spoke quietly, trying not to cry again.

"You didn't..." I know he's thinking Jack won.

"No, I didn't, which is why Jack is still after me. Ryan told me before it happened because I truly did love Jack. We were together for over 5 months. I thought- nevef mind its stupid." I sighed.

"You thought he loved you. Its not stupid." For some reason Cole seemed so understanding about it all. "Hes crazy. Nobody sane gets pleasure out of taking a girls virginity."

"Yeah. I suppose. I'm just scared. I mean, I don't have anyone at this school to help me like I did at my old school. Now its just Jack and I, and Jack will win everytime. Hes stronger." I groaned in annoyance.

"I'll protect you. I'll drop you off everyday just before the bell. And I'll pick you up everyday from school. As long as you steer clear of him during school, you'll be fine. And you can always text me if you need anything." Cole sounded genuine.

"Why are you saying all this? Why did you even talk to me?" I asked out of pure curiosity.

"Because I know what its like. What its like to loose your parents and not be able to trust anyone."