boxer's girl // fourteen

Hannah's POV

Coming home was a relief. All I wanted was to take a shower in my shower without being watched by a nurse to make sure I wouldn't fall.

I had to stay in the hospital for a week to rehabilitate, and I just got home. I rushed up the stairs to wash off all the slime I felt from being in the gross bed for so long at the hospital.

The warm water was refreshing as it cascaded down my back. My strawberry shampoo and conditioner felt good as I gently scratched my scalp and finally cleaned my hair. It had felt too greasy for too long.

I stood in front of my full-length mirror in my bra and panties and cried. I had bruises all over my sides and legs. My skin tone was a mizture of purple and blueish-green on the bruises. And they hurt. I brushed my fingers lightly over them as I cried harder.

"Han-" I quickly wiped my tears away as Cole stepped in. I didn't want him to see me crying; he already felt bad even though it wasn't his fault. He gave me the same sad face he has been for the past week.

"Hi." I gave him a forced smile as I reached for my robe to cover the bruises that I couldn't with my hands.

Before I could manage to grab it, Cole walked over and gently took my hands away from my body. Nobody had seen my brises, only the nurses. I had them kick everyone out when she applied creme to them to heal quicker. I didn't want them to see how badly I was hurting.

"Baby." Cole had tears brimming his eyes now.

"I'm okay. I just- I need to put on the creme." I tried pulling away from him but he held my hands firmly.

"Can I?" He asked lightly.

"I don't think-"

"Please, Hannah. I want to know how bad you're hurting. I need to know." He pleaded, and I softly nodded, giving in.

I handed him the creme and braced myself for him to touch them. He started with my back. That's where the worst bruises were. I tried not to wimper as bad as I did in the hospital, but I couldn't help it. As soon as his fingers began to brush on the creme, the wimpers and whines poured out of my mouth.

He stopped after I let out the first one, and I encouraged him, "It's okay." I tried to say it without showing that I was crying.

His fingers continued to rub in the creme, and when he got to a particular one, I let out a scream and jumped away from him. I remember how I got that bruise and started crying harder.

I saw him walk towards me to hold me, but I backed away, shaking my head. "Please." I whimpered. I didn't want him to hurt me anymore. He had hurt me enough. I just wanted Cole.

When the door slammed, I realized where I was. That was Cole. Cole was trying to comfort me, and I pushed him away. All I could see when he touched that bruise was him in the trailer park. I don't even want to think of his name ever again. I pulled on one of Cole's large t shirts after I had managed to finish applying the creme with a lot of struggle.

I laid in bed and cried just wanting all the pain to end. Both physically and mentally. I wanted Cole back. He made it feel better.

I stood up and walked to Cole's room to see him laying in his bed with his hands balled over his eyes. I crawled into his bed painfully and curled up next to him.

"I'm so sorry, Han. I never meant to hurt you like that. I thought-I thought I was helping. I don't know." He sighed with tears streaming down his face.

"It wasn't your fault. You didn't cause this, and I'm sorry I pushed you away. I didn't mean to. I-" I shook my head on his chest and he skimmed his hand on my arm. I know he was trying to avoid my back at all costs, and I mentally thanked him for that.