05 rhodes not taken ²

THE NEXT DAY AT SCHOOL, EVERYONE WAS STOOD IN THE GLEE ROOM BUT YOU STOOD WITH TINA, KURT, ARTIE AND MERCEDES. leaning again the piano, together you were trying to figure out what was wrong with quinn.
"maybe quinn is lactose intolerant." kurt suggested which you shook your head.
"that wouldn't explain all the crying." artie said.
"plus i've been her friend for years, i probably would have known." you said shrugging your shoulders. kurt sighed defeated.
"maybe she just doesn't like the group?" tina said which was plausible.
"are you all that stupid." puck spoke up making everyone turn and look at him.
"seriously, i bet you thought burt and ernie were just roommates." he said making you shake your head. he was such a smart ass.
"maybe quinn's got one in the oven." he said, you looked over at santana who looked shocked. britanny had no emotion, she had no clue what was going on.
"well who's the baby's daddy," mercedes said.
"who do you think?" puck said as you pushed yourself off the piano and walked over to santana and brit, pulling a chair next to them. santana put an hand on your arm in comfort of her shock.
"finn." puck said, the whole room erupted in gasps and shocked faces. the door opened as everyone's attention shifted.
"yes. you've heard right i'm returning to glee club." a smiling rachel berry gushed.
"in lieu of flowers, please send all donations to a socially conscious charity of your choice." everyone looked at her before turning to their own conversation. santana turned to you and britanny before whispering.
"what the hell is going on."
"uh sorry i thought i would be welcomed back with a tad more enthusiasm." rachel said confused.
"sorry, glee club has just been rocked with its first scandal." kurt said excitedly.
"quinn's knocked up." mercedes said. kurt stood up and walked over to rachel.
"and the baby daddy, finn." he said as rachel's face turned sour. she looked horrified. she turned around and stormed out the room. today had been a shit show.

mr schue came in later that day with costumes. tonight was our first proper performance. black cowboy costumes with hats, the girls costumes has pink lining and the boys had buttons. brad was sat on the piano warming up our voices. you stood next to mike who held your hand softly. mr schue walked in clapping his hands.
"the house is full tonight, your first performance in front of a real audience." he said excitedly.
"i cant wait. you guys are gonna love it." he continued, you looked up at mike who then looked down at you. a small flirty smile was shared between you.
"erm where's april?" mr schue asked looking around everyone.
"yeehaw!" she shouted as she walked in, her outfit was a full pink cowboy suit. she laughed making gun fingers.
"right on cue as usual." she said as me schue looked at her shocked. she walked around everyone, touching their outfit, honking their nose. she even kissed puck.
"are you drunk?" mr schue asked her as she walked over to him and clung onto him.
"you promised me you'd sober up for this." mr schue said, he sounded almost disappointed. april wobbled around as miss pillsbury walked in.
"hit it knuckles." she said to brad before she began to warm up. everyone looked at her shocked, they couldn't believe she had turned up on such state. you couldn't believe it either. mr schue was pulled out of the room by miss pillsbury. it was almost time to go out and everyone already looked defeated.

"now ladies and gentlemen, please welcome mckinley high schools new directions." principal figgins introduced extremely unenthusiastically. applause filled the hall as the screen went up.

Last night I got served a little bit too much of that poison baby
Last night I did things I'm not proud of
And I got a little crazy
Last night I met a guy on the dance floor
And I let him call me baby
And I don't even know his last name
Oh, my mama would be so ashamed
It started off "Hey cutie, where ya from?"
And then it turned in,
"Oh no, what have I done?"
And I don't even know his last name
We left the club right around three o'clock in the morning
His Pinto sitting there in the parking lot
Well it should have been a warning
I had no clue what I was getting into
So I blame it on the Cuervo
Oh where did my manners go?
And I don't even know his last name
Oh, my mama would be so ashamed
It started off "Hey cutie, where ya from?"
And then it turned in,
"Oh no, what have I done?"
And I don't even know his last name
Here we go...
Today I woke up thinkin' about Elvis somewhere in Vegas
I'm not sure how I got here
Or how this ring on my left hand just appeared out of nowhere
I gotta go
I take the chips and the Pinto and hit the road
They say what happens here stays here
All of this will disappear
There's just one little problem...
I don't even know my last name
Oh my mama would be so ashamed
It started off "Hey cutie, where ya from?"
And then it turned in,
"Oh no, what have I done?"
And I don't even know my last name
What have I done
What have I done
What have I done
Oh, what have I done
I don't even know my last name
It turned into
"Oh no, what have I done?"
And I don't even know my last
It started off "Hey cutie, where ya from?"
And then it turned into
"Oh no, what have I done?"
And I don't even know my last name

the choreography just finished off the whole number as cheers erupted from the audience. you pulled santana into a hug as everyone celebrated on stage, this was the first time you had preformed amazingly and it wouldn't be the last. a group hug was formed as everyone walked off stage.

glee club celebrations were not taken lightly, everyone got changed into a deep blue shirt as we began to get ready for the second act. hugging and high fives still continued. mr schue walked in.
"they loved us, we're a hit," artie said rolling over to mr schue and high fiving him.
"wh-where's april?" tina asked happily.
"you were right mr schue, she'd massacre mariah in a diva off. everyone laughed in agreement.
"april is amazing, but she is not in the glee club anymore." mr schue said. everyone looked at him confused.
"i uh, i screwed up bringing her here." he began.
"it was about me but glee club is supposed to be about you guys. you don't need her to be great." mr schue said.
"but we need her for the second act." mercedes spoke up as everyone agreed.
"i'll just have to go out there and tell them to cut the show short." mr schue said making you sighed sadly. mike pulled you into a hug hearing you getting upset.
"guys, you were great don't worry." mr schue said trying to raise the spirt a little bit. there will be other performances.
"excuse me? i think i might have a solution." rachel said from behind mr schue.
"in show business, when a star can't preform her understudy steps in. i'd be happy to go in for april if you'd let me.
"since when are you willing to be an understudy." mercedes said.
"since i quit the play." rachel answering walking closer to everyone.
"really? why?" kurt said curiously.
"i realised being a star didn't make me feel as special as being your friend." she said smiling.
"if i let you down when you needed me the most, i'd never forgive myself." rachel said hopefully.
"i know all the words to the song." she said laughing a little.
"you don't know the choreography." quinn said bluntly. santana nodded in agreement.
"then we're gonna have to give her a lot of help out there." finn said.
"go get your costume." mr schue said as rachel ran off to get it.

once rachel was dressed, he began teaching her the basics of the routine. it was pretty simple but learning it for the first time was a battle. rachel ,of course, got it pretty fast.
"are we ready?" finn asked everyone looking around making sure everything was in great shape.
"let's do this." you said excitedly. as you walked out, the applause began again. the lights dimmed as the music started.

Can anybody find me somebody to love?
Oohoo
Each morning I get up I die a little
Can barely stand on my feet (take a look at yourself in the mirror)
Take a look in the mirror and cry (and I'm cryin yeah yeah)
Lord what you're doing to me
I have spent all my years in believing you
But I just can't get no relief, Lord!
Somebody (somebody), somebody (somebody)
Can anybody find me somebody to love?
I work hard (he works hard) every day of my life
I work till I ache my bones
At the end (at the end of the day)
I take home my hard earned pay all on my own -
I get down on my knees
And I start to pray (praise the lord)
Till the tears run down from my eyes
Lord - somebody - somebody
Can anybody find me - somebody to love?
(He works hard)
Everyday (everyday)- I try and I try and I try -
But everybody wants to put me down
They say I'm goin' crazy
They say I got a lot of water in my brain
I got no common sense
I got nobody left to believe
Yeah - yeah yeah yeah
Ohh Hoo
Somebody (somebody), somebody
Can anybody find me somebody to love? (can, can you find me)
Got no feel, I got no rhythm
I just keep losing my beat (you just keep losing your beat)
I'm ok, I'm alright
Ain't gonna face no defeat
I just gotta get out of this prison cell
Someday I'm gonna be free, Lord!
Find me somebody to love
Find me somebody to love, love, love
Somebody, somebody, somebody, somebody, somebody, somebody
somebody find me somebody to love
Can anybody find me somebody to love?
Find me somebody to love
(somebody find me)
Find me somebody to love
(find me)
Find me somebody to love
(somebody to love)
Find me somebody to love
(somebody to love)
Find me somebody to love
To Love

finn and rachel sounded perfect together, and mercedes voice was just on another level. you were extremely proud of the glee club.

__________________________________