05 the rhodes not taken

THE WEEKEND PAST WHICH WAS HONESTLY GREAT. you had been hanging out with newest member of the glee club mike chang and it was totally working out for you guys. he had taken your mind of everything. you also had the sleepover with the girls which was just as good as the old times; movies, skincare, pizza and a little bit of alcohol too. quinn has denied the alcohol which was extremely unusual. monday came around which you knew had glee and cheer at school all day, both clubs had competitions coming up and each where just as important as eachother. you entered school and was instantly greeted by santana, quinn and brit.
"c'mon y/n we have an important rehearsal today!" brit said grabbing you not too tightly around the wrist and into the glee room, santana and quinn close behind. as you walked in mike looked up at you, a smile spread across his face. you blushed as kurt called you over to sit next to him, just before he began to explain his weekend the bell rung. once everyone had arrived, he got everyone up from their seats to warm up not only their voice but body too as the choreography mr schue had shows up was intense. artie grabbed a guitar as he sat off to the side.
"okay from the top," mr schue said as he counted you in. the band began to play as everyone starting singing and dancing.

"Just a small town girl
Livin' in a lonely world
She took the midnight train goin' anywhere

Just a city boy
Born and raised in south Detroit
He took the midnight train goin' anywhere

A singer in a smoky room
A smell of wine and cheap perfume
For a smile they can share the night
It goes on and on, and on, and on"

finn and quinn were singing perfectly before quinn put a hand over her mouth and ran out the door, leaving finn looking more embarrassed than worried.
"i think she just ate a bad burrito or something," finn said a hand nervously rubbing the back of his neck.
"can we please talk about the giant elephant in the room," kurt spoke up from in front of you.
"what? your sexuality?" santana sneered back as you looked at her shaking your head as she smirked on.
"rachel- we can't do it without her," kurt said.
"that's not true. we may have to layer santana and mercedes over quinn's solo but.. we'll be fine." mr schue said scanning over everyone stood in front of him reassuringly.
"maybe for invitationals but not for sectionals and certainly not for regionals." artie said which was sadly the truth. rachel was glee clubs powerhouse.
"the wheelchair kids right, that rachel chic makes me want to light myself on fire but she can sing." puck said stating the obvious.
"i agree," you spoke up making everyone look at you. you speaking up was out of character.
"rachel left guys. she's gone. now, if we are going to make this thing work we can't look back." me schue said. you looked around the room as everyone looked sad some even annoyed. silence took over the room as you awkwardly fidgeted with the bottom of your cheerios skirt.
"alright. take five guys." mr schue said as you went to sit back down next to kurt. this gave kurt a perfect opportunity to talk about is weekend. shopping. dancing. more shopping. haircut. and wow more shopping. although his stories were repetitive, you couldn't get enough of them. then five then turned to ten, fifteen and then the bell rang. you now had the rest of the day in cheer practice and you weren't as excited as you wished.

as you walked through the halls to get out the field you saw finn, you just needed to know what was going on with quinn.
"hey finn wait," you said speeding up down the hall to catch him. luckily he had heard you and had already stopped.
"y/n whats up?" he said looking down at you, he was around 6'4 and you were standing short at 5'2.
"sorry to stop you but what's been going on with quinn, i mean we stayed at santana's house on saturday and she just couldn't keep her food down." you asked making finn break a small sweat. you knew something was going on.
"oh it's nothing, we went to get dogey food on friday and it's hit her really hard," finn said gulping. you knew that wasn't true.
"oh right okay," you said with a little laugh. finn's nerves eased off as he smiled.
"are you going to practice?" he asked you.
"yeah, i'm guessing you were too?" you said which he responded with a nod before talking.
"i'll walk you." he said smiling. you nodded as you both walked together.
"so i heard that you know, you and mike have been getting along well." finn began a conversation as you walked through the almost empty halls. the bell had rang ages ago.
"ehh yeah, he's really nice to me and is actually really talented," you said a small blush tinting your cheeks. finn smiled.
"it's great you are finally getting a guy, i remember the last time you had a boyfriend he was an ass." finn said as you both laughed pushed the field doors open.
"yeah, i remember that time he almost beat you up," you said thinking back to that exact moment. it was so scary but just so hilarious at the same time. finn laughed also thinking about the memory.
"he was nowhere near about to beat me up, he was like 5'4 and i was standing 5'10," he said shaking his head. you both laughed as finn walked you over to the rest of the cheerios.
"thanks finn, i'll see you around," you said waving him goodbye.
"yeah no problem," he said with a large smile on his face as he turned around walking away to his football team. coach sylvester was working the cheerios extremely hard, quinn hadn't turned up which was understandable as she had "a dogey meal".