Chapter 14 ~ Protect

•Joey's P.O.V•

I made it to Meghan's house, there wasn't a car in the driveway. I run to the door, thank god it was unlocked, I open it. I look around, I didn't see anyone. I walk to the hallway to go to Meghan's room, when I turn I see Meghan lying on the floor. "Meghan"! I shout as I run toward her, I kneel next to her. I hold her in my arms, luckily she is still breathing, "Meghan"? I say her eyes are closed. I keep holding her in my arms, I feel tears forming in my eyes. I hold Meghan close to me, I brush her bangs out of her face. "Please, please Meghan. Open your eyes. Please" I whisper to her.

•Meghan's P.O.V•

He slammed the phone down. He turned toward me. He snatched me up by shoulders. He yelled at me. He shouted at me. He screamed at me. He cussed at me. He threw me against the wall. I cried. I shouted. I yelled. I needed help. He kept banging my body against the wall. As he did he kept yelling, screaming, shouting, cussing. I kept crying and crying. I begged him to stop. He let go, I fell to the ground. He kicked me. He kept kicking as hard as he could. I could barely breathe. I wanted him to stop. I cried. He just wouldn't stop. He picked me up once more. He threw me at the wall again. This time...everything went black.

•Joey's P.O.V•

I held her, looking at her beautiful face. A few tears fell. I kept telling myself that she would be fine. But, the other half was telling me otherwise. I rubbed her arm as I held her so close to me.

I was still holding her in my arms, I closed my eyes as tears fell. "Joey"? I heard Meghan say softly. I quickly open my eyes, Meghan had her eyes open and looking at me. "Meghan"! I say, I hug her "Your alive"! "Of course I am. I would never leave you" she says as she holds her hand up to her head. "What happened"? I ask, she sighs and says "Jimmy. He saw the pictures and got really angry. He kicked me, yelled at me. Even threw me at the wall" she says. "Meghan. You really do need to leave him. You can't do this anymore. You could've been dead"! I say "I know. I know. I will" she says "Good. I don't want my best friend to keep getting hurt" I say. She takes a deep breathe, "I know, I will try to break up with him. It's not going to be easy" she says. "I know but I just want to be hap-" she cuts me off "I know okay! I get it! You just want me to be happy! But I can't! My life is fucked up! I never get to my mother! I don't know where my father is! And I get the shit beaten out of me everyday from my boyfriend! I will never trust anyone ever! Don't you get it!? I will never be happy"! She shouts. I look down at my fingers. "I'm sorry" I say softly. "Ugh. Joey it's not your fault. You shouldn't be saying sorry" she says "I know, but you're my best friend. I don't want to lose you" I say "Joey. You'll never lose me. I promise" she says as she smiles a little. I do too. I don't want to lose Meghan, I know he is going to hurt her so bad one day that she will...be gone forever. I can't let that happen to her, I promised her I would protect her. So far, I'm failing...