Chapter 11 ~ Skate Park

•Meghan's P.O.V•

After the dancing scene me and Joey had, we were back in my room. "Ugh. I'm so bored. I'm tired of this house" I say as I lay on my back on my bed. "Well. What do you wanna do"? Joey asks "I don't know, I just wanna leave this place" I say. Joey then looked up from the floor "I have an idea" he says "What"? I ask as I sit up "Do you wanna go to the park? We could skateboard" he says "Yeah. We haven't done that in a long time" I say I look under my bed and find my skateboard. "There we go" I say as I hold it up "Uh Meghan. That thing looks broken" he says. He was right, the wheel was messed up, it was all dusty and it looked like it would break if I stood on it. "Well how are we gonna skateboard then"? I ask "We could get a new one. I've been meaning to get a new one anyway" he says "Okay. Let me get my wallet and shoes and we can go" I say, he nods.

•At the skateboard shop•

•Joey's P.O.V•

We got to the shop and we were looking around. I saw Meghan pick one up, "I really like this one" she says as she hold up one that was a tan color. I agreed and showed her the one I was getting.

Meghan put the skateboard down and took out her money to count it. "Ugh. I don't have enough" she says "I guess you're just getting one" she says as she puts the skateboard back. I look at her and then the skateboard. I grab the skateboard and walk to the register. "Joey, what are you doing"? She asks. I was silent. "Sir, you only have enough to get one. I'm sorry" the girl at the register says. "Okay. Then just ring up that one" I say as I point to the board Meghan wanted. "No. Joey, what are you doing"? Meghan asks again, and once again I'm silent. The cashier rings up the board and I pay for it. "Thank you" I say and I walk toward the door, with Meghan following.

We were outside of the store. I turn toward her and hand her the board. She was smiling ear to ear and had tears in her eyes, she then hugged me tight. "Thank you" she says "No problem. Now let's go test it out" I say and we walk to the skate park.

•Meghan's P.O.V•

When we got to the park I still couldn't get over what Joey had done. I hug him once more. He laughs "Okay. It's just a skateboard" he says "No. It's a skateboard that you bought with your own money. Just for me and didn't get yourself a skateboard" I say "Yeah yeah. Joey the nice guy" he says as we both laugh.

•Joey's P.O.V•

We got to the ramps. "I haven't ridden a skateboard in a long time. Can you help me"? Meghan asks "Sure" I say. She gets on the board and I hold her waist and walk as she holds onto my arm and try to keep balance. "Okay, I think I got it. Let go" she says "Are you sure"? I ask "Yes" she says, I let go. Meghan rides the skateboard like a pro and even jumps a bottle that was on the sidewalk. She walks back to me "Whoa. You learn so-" I start "Wait a minute. You knew how to ride all along! You lied to me"! I say "I never said that" she says as she smirks. "I'm gonna get you"! I say, she sticks her tongue out at me. I run toward her. She puts the board down and gets away from me. I then run behind a tree."Joey"? I hear her say. I see her standing looking around for me. She had her back to me. I run from behind the tree and grab her waist. She screams, I laughed. I let go of her "Oh my god! I hate you"! She yells as she runs toward me. I grabbed her hands and our fingers locked, we were pushing each other away by doing that. We kept laughing.

•Meghan's P.O.V•

We have been at the park mostly all day. I took out my phone, the time was 4:37 pm. "We've been here for 5 hours" I say to Joey. We were sitting on a bench, I look up at him. He was just staring at the sky. "Hello? Joey"! I say "I heard you. I'm just remembering when we used to do this everyday" he says "I miss this" he says as looks at me. "I miss the Meghan that was my best friend and that would always be next to me" he says "Joey, that Meghan hasn't left. She never has. It's just..." I say. "I know what it is. You haven't been yourself. And now I know why, I've just missed hanging out with you with everyday" he says, I sigh "I know, I've really missed this too" I say as I look at the ground.

•Meghan's P.O.V•

•4:57•

Joey and I were walking around town, looking for a place to eat. As we were walking, I felt Joey's fingers touch mine. Then our fingers lock together, we were holding hands now. I didn't say anything, I just got closer to him. I really love Joey. But I just can't break up with Jimmy. I sigh as I think about that.

•Joey's P.O.V•

Meghan and I found a place to eat, we went to Veggie Grill. We ordered and ate as we talked about memories we have of each other.

As we were about to leave, I felt like we were being watched. I looked around to make sure it wasn't Jimmy. "Is something wrong"? Meghan asks "Uh. I just feel like we're being watched" I whisper "Ya know, I felt like that when we were at the park. What if we are"? She says "I doubt it, it's probably just our imagination" I say as I put the money on the table and stand up. Meghan got up as well and we left.