Chapter 6 ~ Not a crush

•Meghan's P.O.V•

I ran into my room, shut my door and locked it. I sat in the corner of my room, crying. I was trying so hard to stop. I heard the front door slam, then a car start. I peeked out the curtain of my window, I watched Jimmy drive away.

I can't do this anymore! I'm tired of this! I'm tired of getting hurt all the time! I want someone who will actually love me and never hurt me!<

I need someone to comfort me right now. I looked at my phone, I can't call Joey I yelled at him. My best friend. I sighed, he is the only one I can go to right now. I picked up my phone and called him.

•Joey's P.O.V•

I was lying on my floor, staring at the ceiling as tossed my basketball up and caught it. I can't believe I lost my best friend because of something I did.

As I was lying there, my phone started to ring. I quickly looked to see who it was, it was Meghan! I picked it up "Hello"? I said "H-hi" she said, I could tell she had been crying "J-Joey I need you to come over. I just need someone to comfort me. Not over the phone...in person" she says "Oh. Okay. I'll be over soon" I say "Thanks" she says and hangs up. I'm confused I thought she hated me.

I quickly put on my shoes and went out the door.

I got to her front door, I rang the doorbell. The door opens and there stands Meghan, her face was red and was tear stained her eye was still purple but the swelling wasn't as bad as it was before. "Meghan. I. You have no idea how sorry I am. I really screwed up. I just. I'm just really really sor-" before I could say anything else, I felt her arms around my neck and her head on my shoulder. "Thanks Joey" she says I smile and hug back.

-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-

•Joey's P.O.V•

After awhile we were in her room sitting on her bed, just talking and being weird like we always do. We were laughing and just making each other laugh. I'm really happy to see her smile, she hasn't really smiled in a long time.

I can't keep my secret in any longer, I really love Meghan. It isn't a crush anymore. I'm in love with her. "Meghan"? I say "Yeah"? She says, my heart starts to race. "Uh. Um. I" I sigh "Never mind" I say. "No. What were going say? Joey I'm your best friend, you can tell me anything" she says I sigh "No. I. I can't" I say. I then feel her hand on mine I looked up at her, she smiled "Come on. Please"? She says. I just kept staring at her, even with a swollen eye she was still gorgeous. Without even thinking, I starting leaning toward her. I felt her lips touch mine.