Chapter Four : I hate you

Brown Sugar: Chapter Four

Karlana Clarke

I sat at the bus stop after school currently on FaceTime with my best friend Abigail.

" Zeke AKA light-skinned ass Conceited Cruz makes my skin crawl. I mean I don't even know why girls like him. He's such a dick."

I was ranting to her for almost 30 minutes now.

I don't know why I let him get me so tight. He wasn't all that anyway.

" Damn girl he got you pressed. If ya ask me it seems like you almost like the dude." She joked.

" Hahaha, not funny." I empathized with a straight face.

" What's there to like about him?." I asked.

" Well, he is the star quarterback for the football team. He is getting scouted for this year play playoffs. Soon he may be in the NFL if he decides to stop playing college ball. His father owns a multi-billionaire computer business and lastly, his mother is a news reporter. If ya ask me that nigga is poppin'."

" Damn. I can't even hate on that." I scoffed.

" Sure can't." She chimed in.

" But, you were supposed to state negative things about him Abi. I mean you're not helping me drag his ass." I pouted.

" Girl I don't have no Animosity towards Zeke. You do. I'm just being a listening ear while you talk my damn ear off about a nigga that's probably not even worried about you."

" Ouch ." I shot her a look.

"  Sorry, I didn't mean to come off so harsh. All I'm saying is to not let that guy have so much power over you. You barely know him. It's just a bunch of words so FUCK HIM." She shrugged.

" Yeah true, For all I know he could be at football practice right now chatting it up with his wingman about what he said to me, and speaking of his wingman." I raised an eyebrow.

" Have you and Al had a chance to talk yet? You did kinda have an attitude at lunch today when he came over to our table to say hi to you." 

" Ugh! Can we not talk about him right now his name is Alfonso." She corrected.

" Whatever girl,  Al, Alfonso, Fonso, shit it doesn't matter to me... yeah... I think I'm going to call him Al for short and stick with that." I teased.

" I wish I wouldn't have lost my virginity to him. He completely changed up on me." She sighed.

" Look Abi you can't keep feeling sorry for yourself. Men just want what they can get and then they on to the next, this is a college girl. These niggas aren't looking for a wife they looking for a freak and you my dear, have too much class than to worry about him. Like you said to me FUCK HIM! truth is guys Guys will continue to be Fuck boys, until they decide they wanna stop playing games and get them a real solid woman." I explained.

" Damn K. That was tough. Thank you for that. I needed to hear it." She was grateful.

" You know I always gotcha boo." I smiled.