Chapter Nine : Wondering

Brown Sugar: Chapter Nine

Omniscient Chapter

Zeke and Karlana lay in bed, side by side, sleeping peacefully- until her phone suddenly rang, making him wake.

Zeke blinked his eyes open and saw her phone, in her hand. vibrating.

He kissed his teeth, to see that it was the teacher, she was screwing around with at school.

He kept pondering why, she was even still messing with that married man.

He shook Karlana gently and whispered her name but, she didn't wake up.

She was in a deep, sleepy state.

He smirked and took it upon himself to pick up her phone.

As soon as he clicked the green button, to answer the teacher was already speaking before he could.

" Babe, I've been texting you all fucking day and to add on. You weren't at school and you've been ignoring all my texts. What's going on?" He was completely ranting

Zeke didn't like his tone of voice. It was quite disrespectful.

" She's here with me." He cut in suddenly with an aggregated tone.

" Look Karlana is asleep right now and I'm sure she'll get back to you soon," Zeke responded quickly.

He didn't give two fucks about what she had going on with him.

He was acting like she was entitled, to answer her phone right away like, she was some kind of slave.

" Wait? Who the fuck is this?." William was confused, he raised his voice.

" Zeke Cruz. goodbye." He hung up quickly.

Apart from him was happy to tell him who he was because he wanted to make him jealous.

He looked to see Karlana yawning and awake now.

" I had a call??" She questioned rubbing her eyes.

He nodded. " Yeah, and I told them you were asleep." He picked up the remote changing to another movie.

She scrunched her face up at him. In wonderment of who it was.

Karlana didn't like when people answered her phone which was extremely personal to her.

" Hm ok, Let me see who it was." She sighed.

She quickly took her phone out of his hand, glancing at the caller ID.

Seeing that it was indeed William.

She smirked and raised an eyebrow.

" Um? Yeah...Why did you answer my phone? You didn't have permission too." She looked annoyed.

Truth is deep down Zeke wasn't about to be all sappy about the newfound feelings he developed for her and express them.

He was way too prideful for that.