Part 98

Hey guys.... I m back with another update. But for all those who are still not able to find the 97th part, please refresh your story. Or u can get the link on my profile, please go and check it out.

Enjoy!
-------------------

Nandini entered their room slowly, not knowing what to expect. Finding darkness all around her, she would have been confused, but even without seeing him, she could feel his presence there. Closing the door behind her, she turned on the light to find Manik sitting on the edge of the bed, his face buried in his hands.

Leaving her stuff at the chest of drawers, she walked towards him and took a seat next to him waiting for him to look up. Not getting a response from him after a few seconds, she held onto his arm trying to make him look up.
Nandini: Manik...

Getting a little resistance from him, Nandini managed to pry his hands away only to find his eyes wet from tears. All her hesitation flew out of the window as concern took its place, making her get on her knees in front of him as she cupped his face.
Nandini: Hey... What is it? Look at me!

Manik simply shook his head trying to move his face out of her hold, but Nandini still didn't let go.
Nandini: Manik... Look at me!!

His eyes slowly came up to meet hers, this time red not from his anger but from the tears.
Nandini: Ma-

Nandini started saying in a soft voice only to stop abruptly as Manik pulled her closer, throwing his arms around her as he hid his face in the crook of her neck. Nandini sucked in a breath at his sudden move as her hands weived into the curls of his hair.
Manik: I m sorry... I m so so so sorry! Plz, I m sorry!

He kept on repeating to her as Nandini held him.
Nandini: Shh Shh... U don't have to say sorry to me...

Manik broke the hug a little to look at her face, still holding her in his arms as he spoke up,
Manik: No, I have to! U didn't deserve it. I took out all my anger on u. And on top of that what happened in the office, Oh God, I was so so wrong. I m sorry Nandini, I just let the stuff in my head get- I-

Realization drew over her as Nandini's eyes broadened making her stop his guilt speech,
Nandini: Manik... Manik! Listen to me. U do Not have to be sorry for what happened in the office. Yes, u were out of your mind, but u asked me and even though I didn't agree, I also did not stop u. U did not force anything on me, that is not You, Okay? Just forget it. Don't apologize to me. I love u manik, and I knew that u were not in the right headspace. If anything, apologize to me for not talking Manik. U remember this right, we talk, we share, and get over things. That is the only way, we would be able to live through everything together.

Manik's eyes softened at her words as he pulled her up from where she was still sitting on the floor, straight into his lap, holding her close into his embrace, not saying anything.

Nandini rested her head on his shoulder, letting her hand stay right on top of his heart, giving him the feeling of peacefulness. None of them spoke anything for quite a long time before Nandini finally felt Manik relax as he looked up at her.
Manik: I m sorry we couldn't go on that Date that I had planned.

Nandini: Well, it's fine. But u do know that I m gonna hold it onto u until the next time right?

A small smile crept onto Manik's face, the first one she had seen in the entire evening.
Manik: U would have loved whatever I planned for today. But don't worry I'll take u soon.

Nandini nodded at him and replied,
Nandini: Okay! I'll just go freshen up and change, I m sure u too aren't quite comfortable in these work clothes. And then I would really like to call it a day, because after all the high emotion shouting and stuff, I really can't take any more.