Part 17

Nandini: Manik... Its seriously late, u should go home!!
Nandini said as Manik pulled her out of the Kapoor Mansion.

Rishab: Come on di... Stop being such a bore!!  Its just an ice cream...
Rishab supported Manik earning a glare from Nandini.

Nandini: Manik, Aunty and Uncle must be waiting for u!!

Manik: Well Mom knows I m with u... And that clearly means that they shouldn't wait for me...
Manik smiled winking at her as they reached his car and he opened up the passenger seat door open for her.

Nandini stood there glaring at him when Manik sighed finally and held her hand,
Manik: Nandini..... Why r u letting them get over u?? U only say that they don't affect u then why r u proving urself wrong..... Let them be!!

Nandini calmed down at his words and took a deep breath.

Manik: Shall we??
Manik said holding the door again making her smile finally as she got into the car. Manik winked at Rishab and motioned him towards the back seat door as the two guys enter.

Rishab: Wow.... Finally I meet someone who can handle u di!! I think I m gonna need ur help a lot more often Manik Bhaiya.....

Manik chuckled at his words and started the car,
Manik: I m just a call away Rishab!!

Nandini rolled her eyes at the two of them but still smiled. The car moved through the almost empty roads in the beautiful night when Nandini bent down and removed her heels, pulling up her legs on the seat.

Manik: What r u doing??

Nandini: Since u insisted so much for this ice cream treat, I don't think u will hv any problem in delivering it to me over here!!
Nandini gave him a cheeky smile.

Manik: Ohh hello Madam.... I m not ur waiter!! U hv legs and u will walk urself!! And plz get ur feet off my seat...

Nandini: Come on Manik... My legs hurt due to these freaking heels and plus, don't u think I m a bit too over dressed for an Ice cream parlour...

Manik rolled his eyes at her whining self and simply pulled into the parking lot.

Manik: Stay here... We'll be back!!
He said simply, making Nandini smile broadly.

5 minutes later, they returned when Manik opened the door for Nandini, she looked at him confused when he suddenly picked her up in his arms.

Nandini: Manik!!!
Nandini shrieked in shock while Rishab took a step back in surprise.

Manik made her sit on the bonnet and moved away.
Manik: There is no way, I m letting u eat in my car....

Rishab laughed at it after handed over they ice cream to her when Nandini muttered,
Nandini: Jerk!!

Manik: I heard that...

Nandini rolled her eyes at him and turned towards Rishab as he said,
Rishab: So Di.... When r u guys going to return from Pune tmrw??

Nandini was about to answer something when Manik said first,
Manik: No champ.... We rn't going to Pune.!! Its just some site on the Mumbai-Pune Highway..... We'll be back by the evening, in the office hours itself.

Rishab: Ohh....
Rishab said slowly thinking about something which was noticed by the two of them.

Nandini: Why Rishu... U needed something??

Rishab: No actually I had to visit the Space Academy. Actually the clg needs various formalities completed before the final admission, I hv just filled up the online application yet. I could go alone but then I'll need to get back again with all the parent signature and stuff, I wanted u to sign instead.