Part 8

Manik and Nandini moved out of mukti's place late at night as he drove to Nandini's place. The entire ride was filled with a comfortable silence as soft music filled up the car. Soon Manik parked the car in front of her house when Nandini said,

Nandini: Manik, u don't hv to take the trouble of inviting him urself. I'll do it.... U must be tired!!

Manik: But Nandini-

Nandini: Manik relax... It's fine!!!

Manik sighed at it and then nodded at her.
Manik: Ohk then.... U take it....

Nandini smiled taking up the invitation from the back seat and said,
Nandini: Thanks for the ride and also for taking me to the party.

Manik: Nandini.... Stop thanking me!!

Nandini: Good night Manik.... I'll see u tmrw at work.
Nandini said ignoring his comment and got down the car waving at him. Manik waited for her to enter the house and then drove away.

Two more days passed away and it was finally the day of celebration, the party. 25 years of RM Heights. Fab 5 and Nandini got busy in the preparations of the party. By the evening all of them left back for home to get ready for the party. It was almost time when Manik was present at the venue along with Cabir as they were checking onto the final preparations and security.

Manik was standing outside the hotel, taking to the security Incharge when he heard someone's voice.

"I told u I wanted a few refreshments at the entrance. Why is it not arranged by now?? The guests must be here any moment."

He turned around recognising Nandini's voice only to be mesmerized by the view in front of him. Nandini had her back facing him as she talked to the hotel staff. Her backless back peeping through her long hair which were curled at the end than her usual straight bangs.

Manik moved forward towards her as she turned around sending away the staff

Manik moved forward towards her as she turned around sending away the staff. Nandini noticed him and smiled broadly making his heart flatter at her. He reached in front of her still in daze when Nandini greeted him.

Nandini: Hi Manik!!

Manik: Beautiful....
Manik said as his were stuff over her making Nandini's cheeks heat up as she blushed and then giggled to hide it.

She grabbed his hand and moved it slowly calling him.
Nandini: Thank u for the compliment Manik!!

Manik rubbed the back of his neck smiling at her in embarrassment when Nandini asked,
Nandini: So all done??

Manik: Yeah... I guess!

Nandini: Is everyone else already here?

Manik: No... Just cabir!! Don't worry Miss Punctual, u r on time...
Manik said teasing her making her look down and smile. He shook his head and forwarded his hand to her.