Chap 2- Mate?

Helena's pov

___________

My eyelids felt heavy as i forced them to open. I was blinded by bright light. I closed them back wincing. After sometime i opened them back and blinked a few times to get used to the bright light.

"ahh. You are finally awake." i heard a voice say. I let out a sigh of relief as the lights turned off. I looked around to see that i am in a white room. To put it into words, a hospital. "I am doctor Marcus."

i tried to move my body, but i couldn't. "you can't move. Your body suffered a bit from the stab. The healing just kicked in. You need some rest." the voice said again. Then i saw a  man in doctor uniform.

"why? Where am i? What happened to me? Who stabbed me?" i asked. "you don't remember?" he asked. "isn't it obvious that I don't remember?" i said sarcastically.

"who are you? Are you.. one of Xavier's men?" i gritted out. "no, i don't know any Xavier." he shrugged. Then who is he? Why am i here?

"right now, all you need is to rest. Your healing just kicked in. It will take sometime." he said. That's when i saw the syringe in his hand.

Before i could even react he injected it into my neck.

I was so angry that i wanted to strangle him. But i started feeling light headed. And slowly, slowly i felt my eyes close.

~~~~

"when is she gonna wake up?" i heard a feminine voice say, which by the way sounded surprisingly familiar.

"she will have to wake up soon. But i still can't believe it!" i heard a male voice say, which also sounded familiar.

Can't believe what?

"how can she heel so fast? The stab was really bad! She lost a lot of blood! Normally a stab like that will take more than a week to heal. But she.. She.. She just healed. So fast. It hasn't even been 24 hours. How could this be possible?!" the man said again.

Stabbed?

How did.. When did.. I.. How.. got stabbed?!

Then i started to remember.

I was working in the restaurant. They were sitting in across table number 7. Xavier and his men. The chase. Blondie. The fight. Arrow. Stab. Mate..... MATE?!

I forced my eyes open. My eye sight was blurry. I blinked a few times and looked. This time everything was clear. I saw a girl standing beside the door. Blondie.

She saw me looking and she smiled. "you are awake"

"y-yeah" i said.

"how are you feeling, Helena?" she asked. "honestly? I feel terrible." i murmured.

"I shouldn't be here. I shouldn't be in a pack." i said. "it's alright. I don't get why you refuse to be in a pack. But it's alright to be in a pack. Besides, you saved me." she said walking over to me. "by the way, my name is Sofia"

"so now you remember?" i heard the doctor's voice. I frowned as soon as i saw him walk in. "aahh, i see. You hate needles." he said smugly. I rolled my eyes. What? Is it a problem? I hate needles, so what?