Chap 11 - I Am The Predator

Helena's pov
_______________

All I can feel is pain. That's the only thing I know. I'm in a pit of darkness. I don't see even a hint of light. Where am I? Am I finally dead? Did I really get out of the hell hole?! Did I finally succeed in killing myself?

Is this what it looks like after we die? A place where only darkness exists?

What really happened?

I only remember the dream. And... the pain. What else happened? How did I die then? But... it's so surreal. Did I really die? Weren't I immortal or some shit? I don't understand.

~♬~♬~♬~♬~

I was alone. In that hell hole. It has been 2 days since I killed Darco. I don't feel any regret or guilty. But I feel relief now that the monster is dead.

Now there is only one more enemy left. Xavier. Another monster in my life. Another nightmare.

I haven't got any food since that day. No water either. Because he knows that if I got water anywhere near me, I will escape.

Every single day, I get a beating. It was making me weak. I'm back in the hell hole. Back in the life that killed me. Over and over again. The only difference from those deaths and normal deaths is that I never died. I was breathing even after everything.

I heard the door open and the devil appeared. "hello my love." he walked in. I noticed that he had a plate in his hand. There were 2 slices of bread. From the distance I can smell blood. And it was making Mara go crazy.

"here, love. See? I got you food. I'm a very caring boyfriend. I meant mate." he chuckled to himself as I glared at him.

He put the blood near me. I saw that the bread slices were soaked with blood. Does he seriously think I'm the same person from before? Because no matter how tired and weak I am right now, even a single drop of blood will give me strength and stamina.n

"here. Eat it. Or don't." he said.

"what type of blood is that?" I asked. "human." he smirked. "whaatt?! You know that I don't drink human blood!" I hissed. "exactly why I brought it." he said.

"oh really? Fine then! I will eat that. I'll show you what human blood does to me." I said darkly. Only if he knew why I don't drink human blood. It will make me go crazy. For more blood. For human blood. But if I don't get human blood, I attack any living thing near me. And fulfill my thirst.

I took a slice of blood with my shaky hands. And put it in my mouth taking a bite. Instantly, I felt a burst of energy in me. But I didn't show it. I ate all the blood soaked bread hungrily.

Once done, a smirk rose to my lips as I secretly gazed at Xavier. I was trying to control myself from attacking him. I saw him take a bottle out of his jacket pocket. He opened its top and poured the liquid in a glass of water. I knew what it was from the faint scent of it.

Aconitum.

Did he honestly plan on making me drink that? He must be so stupid. If it's Darco instead of him, he won't give me that. Because no matter how contaminated the water is, it'll become my source of power in a matter of seconds.

But I'll wait for now. For the right moment to attack. Mostly because there isn't that much water.

"here. Be thankful I actually brought you water." he gave it to me. I acted weak as I took the glass.

I lifted the glass towards my lips. I kept my gaze fixed on the water. Slowly, slowly they started to evaporate. Drop by drop the water started to rise from the glass.

Xavier's eyes widened. "what the fuck?!" he yelled.

I jumped up from where I was sitting before he could attack me. The glass broke and the water started making a circle around me. I attacked him. Before he could react, I sank my fangs into his neck.

I saw the door burst open and 5 warriors walked in. With just one flick of my hands, the water surrounded them. They wrapped around their necks and started to choke them.

When Xavier turned pale and fainted, I let go of him. And walked towards the men. One by one, I drank blood from their necks and killed them.

With the remaining water circling around me, I walked out of the room with my fangs out, dripping with blood. My mouth and chin were covered in blood too. And I knew my eyes were red too.

Anyone from the rogues that saw me, ran away almost instantly. Guess they still remember me. A smirk rose to my lips.

This is not the time I will be killing them. But when I do, they better be watching their back.

Because for Xavier, he might think I'm the prey and they are the predators. But it's actually the other way around. I'm the predator, and they are my prey.

~♬~♬~♬~♬~

I opened my eyes at the sound of a beeping. I saw that I'm back in the hospital again. Guess I didn't die. Such a pain in my ass.

I saw Sofia sitting beside me. "hey. You are awake. How do you feel?"

"p-pain." my throat hurts.

She gave me a glass of water. And I gulped it down immediately.

"what happened? Why is my chest bandaged?" I asked looking at my body.

"I don't know either. Last night, Darius started to feel intense pain. And he called me. We both went to your room. We knocked. But you didn't open it, so he broke the door. And there you were. Lying on your bed. Your chest had claw marks and you were bleeding really badly. Our guess is you attacked yourself since there was no trace of someone else in there. What happened, Heli? Why did you hurt your own self?" she asked me.

"I... I don't.. I don't know." I replied even though I remembered everything. I remember the nightmares. But I don't know why I attacked myself. Is it because of the pain?

"you scared us to death. Darius went on a rampage and attacked everyone. At last he locked himself in the dungeon and didn't let anyone else near him. His wolf is in control. It has been a week. Unlike last time, you aren't healing that fast." she told me.

"a week?" I asked. She nodded.

"I'm sorry." I muttered. "for what?" she asked me confused.

"because of me, your brother felt pain. And he lost control and attacked everyone. And now is locked in the cell." I replied.

"don't say that, Heli. You are his mate." she smiled at me.

"I'm sorry. I can't be his mate. He doesn't want me because I'm a rogue. And I don't want him either because I simply don't want a mate." I said. I can't have a mate.

"wh-why?" she looked sad.

"I just can't." I sighed.

"ok then. But we are still friends right?" she asked. "yes. We are friends." I forced a smile.

❤️❤️

What do you think? Do you like this chap?

What do you think of Helena?

Her past?

Darius?

❤️Quinn❤️