07-I'm so proud!

[Asher]

Kai is now sobbing in my lap as we are sitting on the couch. He's told me everything I need to know of what happened to his dad's. I could tell they meant the world to him. He told me about his old pack, and how they abused him. He told me about Max, oh Max we need to get him here. I was trying my best to comfort him, but even I started tearing up hearing my mate in such distress.

His crying kind of stopped as I gently spoke to him, "I know baby, but trust me I'm here now, and I'm pretty sure you know by now I won't hurt you. We are going to get through this. I will be with you every step of the way, I promise."

He stopped crying and looked up at me, probably studying if I was telling the truth or not, but he wouldn't find a lie.

"O- okay...I trust you"

[3 hours later]

[Kai]

Asher and I are waiting right now for everyone else to come home, I've opened up to Asher about everything which I feel good about. I trust him now, he's told me everything about him, but he said he needed to tell me something more important tonight.

In the last 3 hours, he took me shopping, we cooked food, which I got to eat, he took me on a tour around the pack house, and I got to meet everyone, well besides Silas and Benji, his bestfriends which I'm so excited to meet, his dad, and the pack doctor.

Cyris has been warning me about Max, I didn't tell Asher anything about it though, I don't want to burden him more. "Love? What's wrong?" Asher asked me, I always wondered how he knew how I'm feeling; something tells me that it's not just our bond.

"Oh nothing, i- I was just thinking" I lied. I didn't want to keep telling him about Max but I know I needed too.

"Are you sure? What're you thinking about, because whatever it is I have a bad feeling about it." Bad feeling? How can he have a bad feeling if the werewolf bond can't go that deep, as a matter of fact, only Angel's can do that-

"Kai? What's wrong?" I was cut out of my thoughts by the voice and face of a worried Asher. He's always so worried and I'm glad I'm adapting to it.

"I'm fine, sorry for scaring you...."

"Okay, I need to stop worrying so much, but I can't control it."

"Its okay I like it.." I was being honest, I've never felt the love of someone worrying for me after my parents died, so I felt good; I felt cared for.

"I'm glad." Asher said while walking over to me, he was preparing more food for when everyone else comes home. "Hey, I just want you to know I'm proud you, and you can tell me anything and everything you want." My heart melted, I was on the verge of breaking down again. I could tell somehow he knew how I was feeling cause he came and hugged me tight.

"T- thank you so much, and I need to tell you s- something l- later too" He pulled out of the hug, and cupped my face, "That's what I'm here for, and you know I as well have something to share."

Suddenly the door swung open, and in came some beautiful people with so many things in their hands. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAI!!!!" Everyone screamed, I was shocked, the last time I experienced this was 6 years ago. They had everything, a cake, tons of bags, two tall men had birthday hats on, what was this? Is this a dream?

"wha- what- is this r- real???" Everyone's looks were mixed with empathy and joy, " Yes, it's real I planned it while you were asleep, I hope you like it." Asher said to me. What did I do to deserve such a considerate mate..?

"I love it Asher, thank you so much.." I have him another hug.

"Anything for you Kai." He responded and then the two men started shouting.

"YAYA OKAY LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!" The two tall men shouted, "Kai, this is Silas and Benji, my best-friends." Wow. They were tall and very built. Just like Asher.

"AYY there's the mate of the Alpha!!" The guy named Benji fake punched my shoulder. He seemed very charismatic; and had a fun aura.

"How are you doing Kai? The last time we saw you, you were uh- ya know.." Silas said.

"U- um I'm okay now.." I responded.

"Okay good to know, I'm the beta, and Benji is the delta by the way, and no need to be nervous, we're not gonna hurt you." He informed. Were all of the people from this pack this respectful? It felt weird.

"Okay, thank you guys." I answered. With that an old man and kinda young lady walked in the living room. "Wow! This is Kai, did he recover good, Alpha?" The lady spoke, "Yes Celeste, but the journey to recovering wasn't so nice." Asher said.

"At least he survived..oop where are my manners, Hello Kai, I'm Celeste, the pack doctor." She reaches out her hand, and I shook it. "H- hi" i responded.

"Alright, alright I wanna meet my son's mate now!" Ashers dad, I believe, said, pushing through to me. "Hi Kai! Nice to meet you, you can can call me Woden. I just can't believe my son found his mate, his long life lover and bestfriend. Oh god, I'm crying ugh I'm sorry, just uh I'm happy for the two of you." Woden says with a slight chuckle at the end.

Wow. I could feel tears ring my eyes, he reminds me so much of my papa and dad. He then pulls me in for a hug which is surprising but he looks like a dad who hugs so why not.

He hugs me tight, and sniffs me a little which was weird to me, " M- maffei, L- luman" I heard his mutter but couldn't tell fully what he said, though it did sound familiar. He then pulled out of the hug, and looked at me. Examining my face, he then pulls away and looks confused.

"U- um Woden i- is there something wrong..?" I ask.

He clears his throat, clearly flustered, "u- um yea I'm good hun, thank you for asking. I'll see you later, when I'm done."

With that he leaves the living room, something was wrong, and I clearly know what it was, Sirius had a feeling..

------------------

Thanks for reading!