Forty-Five

Eddie holds his glasses, not letting them go as he watches tv.

"I think I'm gonna go lay down...will you be okay with Richie?" "Huh? Yeah...I'll be fine." He smiles as I leave the room.

I sigh before laying in my bed. It only takes a minute or two until I fall asleep.

—Thursday 1:02 am

My lips graze against his collarbone collarbones as I giggle. "What?" I raise a brow, my smile staying on my face. "I don't k-know. You're just b-beautiful." He shrugs gently as his hand rests against my cheek.

"What's wrong? For real?" His thumb caresses my cheek, my hand cups his.

"I'm not supposed to be t-thinking about you." "I understand." I nod before walking away.

I find myself somewhere, wet grass fills my nose.

"Richie? Where are we?" We stand outside. Like usual Richie wears black. But for some reason, it looks less like him.

A small frown sketched on his face as he holds a black umbrella. I look down gently, black clothes.

Someone cries gently. "Will?" He stands a few feet in front of me. Eddie hugs him gently as he too cries.

"Richie?" "Be quiet Stanley. You're being disrespectful." He furrows his brows, shaking his head gently.

Rain begins to soak my hair. Finally, I blink. We stand in a little place with a couple of stone headings, the sky a dark grey. All I hear are whispers and cries.

"What the fuck?" I cover my heads with both palms. It doesn't help. The cries get louder.

"Where are we??" Everyone glares at me. Their faces full of annoyance and sadness.

Finally, I look down at the ground. "Freshly set dirt? Is this a funeral?"

A headstone appears. "Richie? Where's Bill?" "Why the fuck would you ask that question??" He goes to lunge at me, Ben and Mike pull him away.

"Someone please tell me what's happening!" The cries become louder and louder.

"Read the fucking headstone Stan!" Richie yells as Ben and Mike continue to pull him away.

As I stare at the headstone my eyes seem to not be able to focus. Finally, they do.

'Here lies William Denbrough. A loving son, brother, friend, and fiancé.
Jan 4, 1996 - 2020'

"Fiancé? That's not right..." I whisper to myself. I find myself sitting on my knees.

My mind loses control of my body, dirt gets under my fingernails as I start to dig. Eddie holds Will back as I dig.

He wasn't that far down. I use all my strength to pry open the casket.

There he lays. A sad look sketched into his face. His eyes open widely.

"Why weren't y-you there for me stan?" "Huh?" I cup his cheek gently with my hand.

"You w-weren't there for m-me. I called you. Y-you didn't answer!" He begins to yell. His grip on my hand tightens quickly. I wince in pain before everything goes white.