Forty-Three

—Wednesday 6:42 pm

"Good job guys. See you Friday." Bill smiles, grabbing his stuff quickly and leave.

"Whatever." I roll my eyes, finding my jacket, and leaving too. "Because you've been fucking clingy today." "W-Well I'm sorry. You c-could've told me." Bill takes a breath. "I knew we would argue so I didn't bring it up earlier. You're such a fucking child."

Will walks away leaving Bill standing at his car.

"Fuck you then." He mumbles trying to open his car.

"Bill? Hey-" "What?!" "Never mind then." I turn around quickly walking to my car.

A small knock startles me. "Hey...I'm s-sorry. Unlock t-the car please." I shake my head gripping the wheel tightly. "Please?" He tilts his head slightly.

"Stanley...please?" "No." "Fuck." He mumbles walking away quickly. I start the car and drive off.

My phone starts to ring.

Bill

B: hey

S: what?

B: what's wrong? D-did I do something w-wrong?

S: there's no problem

B: there clearly is o-one

S: I'm fine Bill

B: why have y-you been so distant l-lately

S: what?

B: you n-never hang out anymore. I w-wanna know why...I m-miss our f-f-friendship

His stutter becomes worse and the rain begins to fall quickly. Clearly, he's still outside, the rain soaking his clothes.

S: so do I

I hang out quickly turning into my driveway.

"Stan?" Eddie stands near the door, his hair semi-wet. "Sorry I kept you waiting." Unlocking the door we both step inside. I begin to sniffle.

"I need to change- Stan? Are you okay?" "Yeah...I'm fine." I throw my shirt onto the ground, unbuckling my buckle as I make my way to the bathroom.

"I'm gonna take a bath..." I mumble.

(He's not gonna do what you're thinking.