Business Talk

Disclaimer:

The song used in this part belongs to the band Xandria - Sweet Atonement (acoustic version). Also, there is a little reference to Obey Me! event Lucifer's Birthday.

Enjoy!

***

Lucifer was sitting in the Ristorante Six sipping his wine and waiting for Diavolo. He was seated at a unique table at the very end of the main room, situated on a little balcony, overlooking the whole place. You could reserve this booth for loads of Grimm. It was separated from other tables enough so you could have a peaceful conversation without anyone eavesdropping on you. Of course, it was the place that belonged to Diavolo whenever he wished so.

                Lucifer took another look around. It was quite busy today, and he was wondering why that was, as it was a regular middle of the week evening. There was a piano at the other end of the room. They sometimes hosted some live music performances. Maybe it was the reason for today's crowd.

                He sighed, looking at the clock. Diavolo was late, and Lucifer did not like wasting his time. When he had nothing to do, his thoughts were racing. Bleak and uncomfortable thoughts. He has not seen Lhori since the night they spent together. She had a day off today, booked a long time ago in advance.  It was bothering him he didn't know where he stood. He was cursing himself the whole day for this foolishness. He should have known better than to just give in to his desire so easily. It was going well so far. They were slowly going back to normal, Lhori were no longer so guarded around him. And then he had to get drunk...

                He got off his sullen thoughts when Diavolo arrived, his usual cheerful smile all over his face.

"Sorry I'm late, Lucifer. Have you been waiting long?" he asked, sitting down and signalling to the waiter.

"No, I've just arrived," Lucifer lied without batting an eye.

"Good. Let's get down to business then," Demon Lord said while the waiter poured him a glass of red wine. When the demon withdrew with a respectful bow, Diavolo continued. "I've heard you had a rather heated discussion with Michael again." Lucifer gritted his teeth.

"We were just talking," he said.

"That must have been quite a talk, considering all the other guests of Hell's Kitchen ran away in panic."

"Nothing happened," Lucifer replied with a sigh. "He was very rude to Lhori, and I'm not sure what he was planning, but she was distressed, so I had to intervene."

"Oh, I see. You can sense her distress, then?"

"We made a pact, as you are well aware," Lucifer explained trying to hide his annoyance. He was sure Diavolo knew about it but just wanted him to say it out loud. "I can sense when she's very emotional, or when she's scared, or in danger. If I let this farce of a tour proceed, it might not end up with an only heated discussion."

"I get your point, Lucifer. But I must remind you about the importance of what we are trying to achieve here. And antagonizing representants of the Celestial Realms is not our goal," Diavolo said calmly.

"Does anyone reprimands Michael then? I am not the one who started it."

"But you'll be the one who ends it. I am in no position to lecture the archangel. Fortunately, he did not raise any concerns so far, so I'll let that one slide, but please be more mindful of the big picture here."

"I apologize, Diavolo," Lucifer said through the clenched teeth. He was not sorry. Not one bit. "There is something that concerns me, though."

"What is it?"