Happily Ever After? (Part 1)

Author's note:

This part is totally out of the canon, as I've written it while waiting for new lessons. 

It happens after MC left Devildom. Despite all the precious time spent together and all the promises, Lucifer decides not to contact her, believing she got back to her carefree life in the human world where she should stay. 

Three years have passed and Devildom is preparing for its biggest celebration of all time - Lord Diavolo is marrying his loyal butler Barbatos (because why not? no one can stop me! I think they are cute together :D). The groom invites MC as the guest of honour, to sing at his wedding. And here's what happened!

Disclaimer: this whole scene was inspired by the song "Endlessly" by Amaranthe, and that's the song I imagined Lhori's singing. 

Enjoy!

***

Lucifer stood in the corner of the ballroom, a glass of wine already in his hand. He was tapping his fingers on it impatiently while Diavolo was speaking. He should be thrilled to listen to his friend's wedding speech, but he could not focus. His gaze was constantly going toward the stage, hidden in darkness now. He could distinguish shades of persons moving around, preparing their instruments. She was there, he knew it.

She arrived yesterday with Satan, but he had so much to do he did not have a chance to see her. And during the ceremony he was constantly with Diavolo and Barbatos, making sure everything went smoothly. But after the speech, there will be time for the first dance. And she will be right there, on that stage singing. He furrowed his brows. He hoped that after three years he would get over this strange fascination with that woman. It seemed to go well, while he was not letting himself to contact her. After all, she was human, she should go back to her world and her life. Her real family, who loved her, not live among demons. And yet, he found his heart beating suspiciously fast.

"Lucifer, are you all right?" Satan whispered beside him.

"Hm?" He looked at him.

"It's not like you to ignore Diavolo's speech," he smirked. "Is it maybe because of our human friend I brought here yesterday?"

"I have no idea what you are mumbling about, Satan," he hissed. "Shut up and pay attention." His brother only laughed.

Diavolo finished his speech and made a toast.

"Now, let's get this party started! I believe it's time for our first dance!" he announced cheerfully.

He took Barbatos' hand, and they moved to the centre of the dancefloor. All lights got dimmed, leaving only the newlywed in the light beam. And then, another beam illuminated the stage, and there she was.

Lucifer felt like his breath was caught in his throat. She was even more beautiful than when she left. She looked more mature. Her features were more pronounced, dark hair was arranged in a complicated bun, leaving a beautiful face for all to see. She wore an elegant red dress with black elements and a long train. She looked marvellous. And her voice was different too; he always loved it, but now it had even more depth and was more powerful. She was singing about endless love, her voice enchanting as a mythical siren. Lucifer found himself unable to tear his eyes away from her. Deep down, he wished she could sing this song only for him. When she reached the chorus, her voice became even more powerful, booming over the whole ballroom. Lucifer's jaw fell. It was beyond anything he had heard before.

"Wow, she did not slack with her singing those last three years, does she?" Satan said with a smirk sipping his wine.

"She certainly didn't," he replied, closing his mouths.