The Party

Disclaimer: The song used in this part belongs to Icon for Hire - Curse or Cure. It's their newest single and I'm listening to it obsessively for a week now, so there it is :) 

Enjoy!

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wow, it's sure a big party," said Noah when they entered the auditorium at RAD. It was packed with fancy-dressed students and professors.

"It's the whole RAD. Do you want to get something to drink?" she asked. He nodded, and she pulled his arm, directing him to buffet tables.

While they were sipping their drinks and observing chatting and laughing students, Lucifer approached.

"You look beautiful, love," he said, wrapping an arm around her waist and kissing her brow, ignoring Noah completely. "Is everything going well for you? I've hardly seen you today."

"Well, I was busy with the party. And our guest who you keep ignoring," she added with a smirk.

"He's your guest, not mine," Lucifer scoffed. "I look forward to your concert later."

There was a loud bang at the other end of the hall. Lucifer frowned.

"I have a feeling Mammon is up to something again," he said with a sigh. "Enjoy the party, Lhori; I'll catch up with you later." She nodded and waved at him.

Noah was strangely quiet, looking around with a solemn face.

"What's up?" she asked. "You look troubled. I know you don't like parties, but it's not that bad, right?"

"No, it's all right. As long as you stick around, I'm fine," he shrugged.

"Do you ever loosen up?" she asked, sipping her drink.

"Do I what?"

"You are so stiff. So formal all the time. So guarded. It's a party! You can loosen up a little." He scoffed.

"I don't think it's a place to loosen up," he said with raised brows.

"Oh, come on! You still don't feel safe here? You've been here for two days already. You've seen it all, the lessons, the shopping district, the parks and other recreational spots. Has anything happened to you?"

"Not yet. It's not a reason to let down my guard, though."

"Ugh, you are hopeless," Lhori sighed and down her drink in one gulp. "Finish your drink. We are going."

"Where?" he asked but finished his drink and put the glass down on the table.

"Dancing," she replied and took his hand, pulling him into the dancefloor that was placed in the middle of the hall.

"Wait, no! I don't dance!" he protested.

"I don't care," she scoffed, stopping in the middle of the crowd of dancing students. She smiled brightly and started to move to the rhythm of loud music. "Come one. For once, just close your eyes, and let the music be the only thing that matter!" she shouted to his ear over the music, mischievous glint in her blue eyes. He groaned but started to move awkwardly with the music. He was stiff at first, but she kept making faces at him and exaggerating her own movements and making him laugh, so he just gave up.

After a few songs, they were both out of breath and laughing like mad people. Suddenly the pace changed, and the music turned to a slow and dreamy tune. Other dancers started to leave or pair up.

"Well, let's get something to drink," Lhori said and turned to go back to the tables, but Noah caught her hand.

"Oh, no, no, no," he chided with a grin. "You forced me to dance and made a fool of myself, so now you owe me a proper dance."