XVI

It's been a few days since they saved me and I was cleared to leave

I packed my bags and was placing it in the trunk of the car.

I was happy that I was able to go home but there's that sinking feeling in my stomach as I thought about Kodiak. 

Will he forget about me? Will he try to contact me? Is this where everything ends? 

I shook my head to get rid of those thoughts and tried to focus on the task at hand. I attempted to lift the last suitcase but failed due to how heavy it was, I adjusted my grip and tried to lift it again but failed again. 

I was about to get one of my brothers to lift the suitcase when a hand grabbed the suitcase and gracefully placed it inside the trunk, I looked at the person and was about to thank them when I saw Kodiak staring back at me.

"That bag was pretty heavy. What's in there? rocks?" he chuckled at his joke. I smiled at him, "Thanks for the help and for everything."

He furrowed his eyebrows and looked at me, "Why does it sound like you're saying goodbye? like I'll never see you again?" 

I shrugged my shoulders and looked away from him, "You have Katerina and I have my own life to get to I guess." 

He gripped my chin and turned my head to look at him, "I ended things with Katerina. I realized who I wanted during this whole ordeal, and if you're okay with it, I want to start over with you."

I looked at him then opened and closed my mouth, "Y-yea, I'd like that." 

He grinned at me then pulled me into a hug, I hugged him back and snuggled closer to his chest. 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

They placed the last of our belongings in the trunk then we turned to look at the Volkov's, 

"Thank you for the hospitality you've shown us, especially our prinsesse."  My father thanked the Volkov's.

They pulled us into a hug and Dmitri patted my father on the back while Nadia hugged my mom, 

"We know you'll do the same for us. And it was a pleasure to have Noelle staying with us." Dmitri smiled at me.

Nadia rubbed my shoulder then said, "Well I'm sure Kodiak liked having her around." 

I blushed then felt someone's arms wrap around my waist then pull me into their chest, "Damn right I did." Kodiak whispered in my ear.

We continued with our goodbye's, 

"I'm gonna miss you little Agnor." Igor said while pulling me into a hug, "You have my number, Igor. I'm one call away!" I told him, he smiled at me then ruffled my hair and moved to say goodbye to my brothers.

"MY BABY IS LEAVING THE NEST!" Mikhail yelled out while running towards me then hugged me. 

"You have my number too, Mikhail." I giggled while hugging him. 

"Please call me a lot and take care! I love you, Nellie." He said while hugging me.

"I will, Mikhail. Take care." He let me go then I walked over to the car and was about to get in when a hand grabbed my shoulders.

I was pulled and turned around, "Were you really going to leave without saying goodbye?" 

"Goodbye, Kodiak. I assume you have my number as well?" he smirked at me then nodded, "I have it on speed dial, baby." 

I giggled then hugged him, "Call me sometime, yea? I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you too, малышка (babygirl)" he hugged me then kissed my head, "I'll call you later, or you can call me when you get home." I nodded my head then he gripped my hand, "Take care, okay?"

I kissed his cheek, "I will. Please take care as well."

I got in the car and my family followed after me.

We started to drive away and as I looked outside the window, I wondered,

Can I trust Kodiak again?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Thank you for reading this chapter!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I apologize for any grammatical and spelling errors.

This is kind of a filler chapter so I'm sorry it's super short. 

We only have a few chapters left before the epilogue :)

THANK YOU FOR 1.1K READS ❤ 

I never thought my book would get this many reads lol.

Stay safe and sanitize ❤

Love lots,

hibiscus_aube