IV

It's been a few hours since Kodiak left, and I've done nothing but sulk

I didn't expect to see anything on his phone, to be honest. I know it's wrong to snoop in someone's personal belongings or business, but it is in my blood to do so.

He did seem like the type to have flings and whatnot.

And I shouldn't judge him considering its not my business

I'm just a guest in their house.

'So why are you overthinking?' I asked myself

I pulled my hair and groaned in frustration,

"It's not like I like him or anything," I muttered to myself

I think he's attractive, sure, but like him? What a joke. 

"You look like you need a drink."

I turned around and saw Mikhail smirking at me. I smiled at him and sighed, "Maybe I do."

He walked into my room and sat beside me by the window, where I was painting, "Is there anything I can help you with?" he asked me.

I smiled at him and shook my head, "We want you to feel at home here and just think of me as your older brother." he stated

I looked at him, "Is it possible to like someone when you've only known them for less than a day? Like just based off looks." I blurted out,

I mentally facepalmed myself for what I've done

'He's for sure going to know who I'm talking about.' I thought to myself

He chuckled and patted me on the back, "He has that effect on people, mostly girls. So, yea, you can like him based on his looks."

Thinking we were talking about the same person, I said, "Please don't tell him, I said that."

He gave me a reassuring smile and said, "You can count on me, little Agnor." And with that, he left my room.

I've done nothing but paint and nap for the next few hours. I heard Kodiak come home a few moments ago but, I didn't bother to check and maybe, he thought the same.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Dinner time came around, I sat beside Natalia, and she told me all about her day.

Kodiak came downstairs with a smile on his face while he was looking at his phone, possibly texting the girl from earlier.

Mikhail saw me staring and gave me a confused look,

I stared at him back with the same look and just shrugged it off.

We started to eat once everyone was present.

There were occasional small talks but other than that it was quiet

I finished my meal within minutes, so I headed up to my room after bidding everyone a good evening, little did I know Mikhail was hot on my tail.

I was about to close the door to my room when it was pushed open, and Mikhail came inside.

"What the hell was that stare?!" he whisper-yelled at me

"What stare?" I whispered back

"You were literally staring at Kodiak," he said

"I thought you liked Igor," he added and, for a second, I think my heart stopped beating

"I did not say I liked Igor. And I thought I was sly with the staring." I stated in a matter-of-fact tone. He slapped his forehead and dragged me to my bed and sat me down, "You CAN NOT like Kodiak. Okay?"

"It's not like I really like him," I told him softly

He shook his head and held my shoulders, "I am not the one who's suppose to tell you this, but you need to know, he's in love with a girl and has been for years now."

"The longer you allow these feelings to stay, the more you'll fall for him, and it'll only lead to heartbreak." he gave me a sad smile and hugged me.

I smiled at him, "Thank you for looking out for me."

He hugged me tighter and said, " I also have a, not so secret, secret If that'll make you feel better."

I looked up at him in confusion, "I'm gay."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

After my long talk with my new found friend, I got changed into my pajamas and laid down on my bed.

But of course, my body would decide not to sleep for the next few hours. Despite tossing and turning for a good 2 hours now, I still wasn't able to fall asleep.

I checked the time on my bedside table, and sure enough, the neon lights of the clock said 12:23 am

I sighed and thought back to the conversation I had with Mikhail,

Why did I have to like the guy who's in love with someone else?

And when I thought something would bloom out of it, he has a girlfriend.

Although I should have taken that text message as a sign, her contact name had a heart emoji for God's sake!

I turned to look at my black phone and decided against calling my mamma for advice, considering the time.

After a few minutes, I was able to fall into a dreamless slumber.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Sorry for the short chapter, it's meant to be a filler chapter of some-sort. 

But anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Thank you for reading and I hope you vote and share!

Stay safe and sanitize ❤

Love lots, 

hibiscus_aube