Chapter 12: Party from Hell

Enjoy... Comment & Please Vote :)

******************************************************************************************

Recap Chap 11:

“Come on beautiful, stop brooding and obsessing. We have a party to get ready for.” He smiled and pulled me out of bed and ushered me toward the bathroom.

My party, hell yeah! Presents here I come! My face fell when I realized that it meant I would have had to face them, my two dads. I ran to the bathroom reluctantly and slammed the door with perhaps too much force. I had to have faced them, forgiven them, apologized and accepted the situation, with no further explanation.

How the hell was I supposed to have done that?

*******************************************************************************************

Chapter 12: Party from Hell

Lianna POV

I dressed in a deep purple gown with a tight bodice that showed off just enough cleavage to have kept Ezra guessing.  The bottom floated effortlessly past my hips and stopped just above my knees. Not too tame, not too slutty, I looked awesome. My hair was half up, pulled loosely back on top of my head and half down with ends that grazed past my shoulders.

Satisfied with my look, I made my way to the ballroom so I could have swallowed my anger and betrayal and offered my forgiveness to my dad and Ronan. Though he was also my father, I still thought of him as my endearing, yet overprotective uncle. I was certain that this would never have changed. At least I hoped it wouldn’t.

I hadn’t wanted to ruin the relationship we had built, or the one I had built with my dad. I loved them both, but in very different ways. Ronan was my confidant and counselor, while my dad was, well a dad. I wouldn’t have treated them differently because I knew the truth.

The moment I entered the ballroom, I felt a strange pull. I couldn’t place it, so I brushed it off. I spotted my dad, he wore a black tuxedo and his hair was down. It seemed oddly familiar, but I couldn’t remember why that was. Ronan was there too. They both looked handsome, straight out of GQ. Some ladies would have been very lucky tonight!

“Hey dad, Uncle Rony… look, I just wanted…” But I was cut off before I finished. Can’t a girl have gotten a chance at a proper apology?

“Angel, we wanted to apologize. We’re very sorry that we hurt you. We never intended to, but things are so… complicated.” He explained with a thoughtful look.

“We only meant to protect you, not drive you away. There are things that you don’t… understand.” Ronan struggled, just as my father had, to keep whatever plagued them hidden. Great, more secrets.

“I don’t pretend to understand and that I’m not curious. But the bottom line is that you hurt me, both of you.” I threw them a sad glance. I them right where I wanted them.

“But I can forgive you, and I do, just as long as one day, you promise to tell me the whole story.” I announced with a hopeful look. They gave each other an odd glance and I felt the apprehension that they exuded. This must have been a very good story.

“Okay sweet girl, it’s a deal. But please, still call me uncle. It would be weird if you didn’t and we really don’t want this spread around.” Ronan smiled and pulled me into a hug. I felt his regret, but there was also an overwhelming sense of relief and love.

“No problem Uncle Rony.” I remarked and watched him walk toward a large group of vampire ladies. If you could have called them that, more like whores that eye raped him ever since I had arrived.