Chapter 3: All's Fair in Love and War

Here you go my awesome & loyal fans!!! This chapter is all Ezra's POV, hope you enjoy!!

You will get a look through his eyes & learn about what Lia looks like :)

I have uploaded on all of my stories, so don't forget to check out my other 2...

PLEASE COMMENT & VOTE!! MOST OF ALL ENJOY.

& if you are good, I may put the next chap up today or tommorrow, depending on the response i get to this one :)   Crissy

******************************************************************************************************

Chapter 3: All’s Fair in Love and War

Ezra POV

We raced around the garden at a breakneck pace. I knew I never would have caught her on my own, her speed was unbelievable. Crazy ½ vampire abilities! We raced like this often, but it wasn’t the most fun way to pass the time.

I hadn’t minded though, I would have done anything to have spent one more moment in her presence. Not because she was special, and not because she was a princess, but because I loved her. She had passion and fire like I had never before seen. It was mesmerizing just to have been near her.

We had been friends for as long as I could remember. I actually don’t even remember the first time we had met, because it was when we were just infants. My dad, Zander, was her mom’s best friend, and my mom Maria, was there when she died. That was all I had ever gotten out of them concerning Princess Arianna’s death. It was a very tragic and sad occurrence. One that it seemed would have always remained a secret, even from Lia. 

For as long as I knew her, we were the best of friends. I realized when we were 10 years old, that I was in love with her. It kind of just hit me. It was the day that she had gotten her mother’s letter. Something about the look in her eyes that day, it just made me realize that I loved her and needed her. Of course we were young but I knew I wanted to have married her, I still do. It’s too bad that vampire royals have all these stupid rules!

I caught a glimpse of her frail looking body as she passed me. Of course she was anything but weak and frail. She was strong and vibrant. I reached out and grabbed her, but her strength and speed far surpassed mine. Sure, I was lean and muscular and had far greater strength than any other 15 year old human. This was due to all of the hours of training I endured to have secretly become her protector.

No one knew of my duties except for my father Zander, the King’s faithful assistant, her father the King, and her uncle Ronan. They had placed their trust in me, as her best friend and confidant, to have always watched over her and kept her safe when they weren’t around or were on one of their ‘missions’, or as I liked to call them, hunting expeditions.

It was a great honor to have been chosen for such a task, at the age of 10. But in truth, I would not have had it any other way. I may have accepted in the beginning, because I was her friend, but I continued because I was in love. In all honesty, I would have died for her if the need had arisen. Her father knew this to be true, but he had no idea of the extent of my feelings for her.