Chapter 1

You could say you were a pet cafe owner in a sense, but instead of buying extensive species you took the stray pets on the streets and tended to them. Somehow you were not starving, the stray cats and dogs you cared and groomed were cute enough that people would come by pay a fortune to play with them.

You were alone in this world. You father was a samurai who was killed in the Joui war and your mother couldn't bear the loss of your father's death and committed suicide. You were very young when this happened, but enough to remember what your father would always tell:

" A sword didn't make anyone a samurai, it is their will in their hearts to protect the things they wanted."

Your younger self didn't really understand much but these words were always engraved in your heart. You didn't particularly hate any Joui but hated the imposters who in the name of the country were destroying and rampaging your town Edo. When you were left alone in this world your aunt took care of you. One day you saw an injured bird and you don't know why you felt it but just seeing the blood on that bird's leg haunted you. You tended it till it could fly again. Maybe it was then when you decided you did not wish to live the way of the sword and to see blood again on things that held great value in your life. You decide that day that you will care for those abandoned and wounded animals.

One morning you opened your cafe as any usual day but saw that one of the cats which you had recently taken in was missing. You told the one girl that worked with you to take care of things while you look for your missing cat,' Shiro.'

You were shouting her name thinking she might respond, how silly of you, but it made you feel that she will meow eventually once you call her name. You were not really looking ahead when you were walking until you bumped into a monk.

You fell on the ground and saw a round object blinking. You didn't even have the time to realize that the monk had grabbed your hand and the next thing you knew you were in an alley with a body covering your silhouette completely. You felt his grip tighten on your shoulders as if was trying his best to not let go of the thing that he was holding. You could feel the warmth of his body when he held you. Within seconds you heard a loud noise and lighting.

Once the noise had subsided you felt his grip loosen, and you saw his brown glistening eyes. He didn't speak anything but his eyes expressed the joy when he saw you unharmed and safe in his arms. Once he lifted his face a little you saw his straight, soft hair tied lowly and you heard him speak

" Are you alright? ..." but his voice was interrupted when he saw a bazooka shot coming his way from a person in a black uniform, " Zura you are not running anywhere today."

You didn't even have the time to thank the monk when you saw the monk running and shouting,

" Zura Janai Katsura da."

Note: I hope you all liked the first chapter, I really wanted to write about the most innocent boy in Gintama, Katsura. It is so sad that there are not may fanfictions about him. This is my first time writing it so I hope It was not as bad as it could have been, my English is not that good so there may be grammatical errors. I don't own any Gintama characters I just own the y/n or the original character I wrote here. Also, I don't own any pictures.

Zura janai katsura da is his catchphrase and it means I am not zura I am Katsura, I am going to use it a lot so please keep it in mind. Again thank you so much for reading I appreciate the time you spend on this chapter, please look forward to more cute moments between katsura and our y/n.