Chapter 10

The day could have been perfect but the men you had encountered at the candy apple stall were still following you. You could see them in every corner whether you visited the shrine or some other stall but you still didn't want to trouble katsura. There was still an hour before the fireworks to start and you were looking at some hair ornaments.

"y/n dono take this one, this one looks so pretty," he picked it up from the shelf and gently placed it on my bun.

A pink floral design with a glass finish.

"Yes so pretty, pack this up boss we will take this, y/n dono do you want anything else"

You barely managed to speak something you were feeling so embarrassed

"No, I like this one too"

"What do you wanna do next? y/n dono"

"Do you wanna eat something" answered you in a blushing mess.

"Let's get some soba"

"Katsura san do you really always just want to eat soba, why don't we have takoyaki"

"Sounds nice, I will get it here you can finish your shopping"

"Ok come fast"

It was barely a few minutes before Katsura left that you invited trouble.

"Why don't I get one lipstick for you so that you can entertain me" a person grabbed your hand and another gripped your jaw. You immediately recognized that they were the same people following.

"What a nice body you have you sure will entertain us well tonight"

They were holding your mouth and hands so tight that you could barely move or speak.

Before trapping you like this they had taken you to somewhat less crowded places. To say that you weren't scared would be an understatement. Your face was tearstained, you would do anything to get out of here. You felt so helpless. While still restraining your body you saw that one of the men was moving forward to touching your legs. You closed your eyes and clenched your fists in a last attempt to resist.

Before you could feel his touch you heard a piercing cry. His hand was completely broken and there was blood everywhere and the man was crying in agony.

"How dare you try to touch your y/n dono with your filthy hands. You have already committed a sin worthy of death. She is my woman and before you try to do anything with her you need to first say hello to my sword."

Within a few seconds, all of the molesters were on the ground.

"Don't worry I used the backside of the sword but if I ever see you again near y/n I will kill you without any other thought"

Just another moment you heard a bazooka fire. Shinsengumi was here.

"Oi katsura how dare you destroy the peace on the festival" shouted Sougo

"You called yourself the police who protect the peace of Edo but you can't even keep protecting the dignity of women. Have shame on yourself Shinsengumi " Katsura activated the bomb and grabbed your hand and shouted that we are going to run for it y/n dono.

While you were running along with Katsura you could feel the anger in his voice and eyes. You had never seen him angry he was always the calm kind of person who never lost his cool but it was different this time. His rage could be felt it was not a moment to talk to him you thought. After running for almost 10 minutes you both took refuge under a tree.

"They should not catch us here. Sorry for not being there when you needed me and another sorry for saying what I said over there. I didn't mean anything I said there I just got a little angry."

"Thankyou for saving me Katsura san I don't what would have happened if you didn't come at time.. "

"I won't let it happen again I am so sorry"

"Please don't be sorry. " You were a little sad that Katsura didn't mean anything when he saved you but it didn't matter. You were with him safely.

You let the weariness get the better of you and you gently leaned on Katsura's shoulder.

Katsura POV:

I felt a lightweight on my left shoulder to see that y/n dono had slept on my shoulder.

I adjusted my position so that her head was resting on my chest. I could still see the tears stains on her face. Very gently I tried to wipe them so that I didn't wake her up. If only I was there she wouldn't have experienced that. Now the Shinsengumi have also seen her and they will cause troubles for her. I have already caused so much trouble for her and if she stays with me she will always be in danger. I am fine with running away and hiding as an everyday basis but I don't want her to experience the same.

But why am I feeling so selfish? I promised to myself that I will protect her smile but what have I done in spite of promising that I still let tears cover her face and if I was late I don't even want to imagine what could have happened. But still, I want to be with her. I want to be beside her. I have fallen in love with her. Y/n shouldn't stay with me. She deserves better. She deserves to live a happy normal life she has already suffered because of amantos and she shouldn't anymore. But let me just be selfish for one last time.

I placed a kiss on her forehead. GOODBYE.

---(end of Katsura pov)---

The bursting sounds of the fireworks woke you up from your slumber. Bright colours lit up the whole sky. But maybe for the first time, your eyes were not focused on the fireworks but on the man sitting beside you. You couldn't confess your feelings today but it wasn't the last day you guys were meeting you will have plenty of chances in future.

Note: We crossed 500 reads a milestone for me. I thought crossing 100 would be a miracle. Thank You so much for still supporting my shitty writing. I am really really thankful for it and also Gintama did so good at jap records I hope it earns more and it releases worldwide. Again Thankyou so much for the support.

I will drop a pic of Katsura and Ikumatsu as much as I love Katsura. I would sell my soul for gorilla sensei to make it canon. Anyways this is one of my fav pic and it goes well with the theme of this chapter. Have a great time. o((>ω< ))oo((>ω< ))o

 o((>ω< ))oo((>ω< ))o