Chapter 7

Once you had stabilized and your breathing had calmed you realised how warm his embrace was and how gently he touched your back. You could hear his heartbeat it calmed your own heartbeat. You could smell the medicine which you had applied on his wound mixed with the floral scent of his shampoo. Blood gushed through your face making your cheeks bright red. You didn't wanted to show this face to him so you quietly left his embrace and turned around.

"I will prepare the beds" and before you left, you said "Thankyou."

You didn't see how he reacted. You laid the sheets and dimmed the lights.

Katsura was on the mattress beside you. So many thoughts were running inside your head but one thing kept bugging you. What was such a young boy doing in that gruesome war. You turned towards him, Katsura was not sleeping. You mustered up courage to ask him.

"Katsura san why did you become a joui and took part in the joui war ?"

He looked towards me and then he looked away with a calm expression and started speaking.

"I lost my parents at a very young age like you but I didn't have someone to take me and my grandma home. We lost our property and were homeless for a while but my grandma always gave me support but she also left me. I started studying in a temple with scholarship where I found Shoyou sensei, who ran shoka Sanjuku. I joined shoka shanjuku, I made friends with gintoki there and one more friend. I felt that those happy times would never stop but they also ended. Shoyou sensei was captured by amanto and we all decided to recover our sensei. We couldn' t couldn't accomplish our goal and here I am now just a joui rebel hoping to drive Amanto away. Probably I might die before ..."

"Don't say like that, I think you can definitely drive those aliens."

You regretted the moment you had asked him this. You had never heard this sadness ever in his voice. Even when he came all wounded to your place he was more serious in correcting that he was 'zurako' and not katsura. You wanted to know more about him, to do something that he would feel better , to make him feel that he has not lost everyone there, people who still care for him and that he can drive those amanto and live in an edo where samurais are respected.

Katsura didn't say anything, he just smiled at you but his eyes didn't look the same cheerful self. The moon light slightly illuminated his face. Not knowing what to do you said, "It's getting late I think we should sleep."

"Hmm, goodnight y/n dono."

↠↠OoO↞↞

(Morning)

You couldn't really sleep well and you got up pretty early. Katsura was still sleeping, looking so calm. The early sun rays glistened on his face, he looked like an angel sleeping and just thinking about it made your cheeks red. You drew the curtains so that sun rays won't wake him up. He needed to sleep so that his wounds would heal. You quietly left the room and went to the kitchen to make breakfast. You made miso soup and takoyaki for breakfast. While you were making breakfast, Katsura came down to the kitchen to tell you that he was leaving.

"No, I won't allow you to leave unless you are healed."

"y/n dono I need to do some stuff."

"No means no, at least one more day, I need to make sure your wound doesn't open up."

"Can't be helped but promise me once you can ascertain that I well you will allow me to leave."

"Promise."

"It smells so nice, what are you making."

"Miso soup."

"So you are not making soba." He pouted.

"I can make it for lunch."

"Really." He smiled like a kid.

"I am done making breakfast, let me take a shower real quick."

↠↠OoO↞↞

He was watching tv when you came back. He had taken it earlier than you so you quickly arranged breakfast on the table.

"The food is so good, y/n dono you really can cook."

"Of Course I can, I live alone so cooking is a necessity, Katsura san you also live alone can you also cook? "

"I eat outside."

"Arent, you wanted by shinsengumi, shouldn't you be more careful."

"I am runaway kotarou shinsengumi can never catch me."

"I hope they don't, otherwise what will I do?"

"What will you do y/n dono, why will I being caught affect you?" he asked, totally confused.

"I meant nothing" you chuckled to yourself.

...

You had decided not to go to the cafe today, so you thought it will be a good opportunity to catch up with some dramas. You were flipping channels till you found a good one. You found a drama with your favourite actor in it.

"Ahh ryo san is so handsome, he looks so good with short hair. It makes him look so manly" you didn't realize you were not alone and was sitting beside the long-haired katsura.

Katsura folded his hands around his chest, "I see y/n dono you like short hair men, they make them look manly right I see, hmm hmmm ..."

You realized the mistake you had made, and jumped up to your defence, "It's not like that I only like men with short, handsome hair ... I mean ... ahhh." How to tell him that he doesn't look bad, in fact he is the most handsome and manly man you have ever met.

"It's ok y/n dono I was just teasing you, I meant no harm so relax."

"... (you look really nice) ...." you muffled.

"Did you say something y/n dono."

"No lets see the show."

Since the show was a drama and it was a really sad episode, you heard some sobs. You thought it was someone in the drama but it was a katsura, Tears were dropping down his eyes and you could hear him breathing fast. You looked at him with concern.

"Y/n dono the girl will not die right ? (sobbing intensifies) .."

You reached his hand and gently held them.

"Nothing will happen to her, plus it's a drama the actress will not die so don't worry."

He tightened the grip around your hands , "are you sure !!!!"

"Yes, you know Katsura san you are a really nice person."

He probably didn't listen to you. He watched the rest of the episode holding your hands for he was too scared that something might happen to the characters. You thought to yourself how did a person who can't even see death in a drama manage to take part in a war and that too at such a young age. Nevertheless, you cherished every moment with Katsura.

Note : I know I am late and I broke the promise but next chapter I will try to upload tomorrow. This time for sure '(*>﹏<*)′. Thank you for reading and supporting it. \^o^/