Chapter 8

Warm summer breeze ringed the wind chimes hanging on the shop's entrance. Sounds of crickets in every corner. Warm blue skies, soft green grass and tranquil weather. Soft cotton-like clouds floating in the sky.

"It really is summer, right ?" asked Mayura.

"Really it feels like winter has hardly ended, it was cold last week?" you answered.

"Do you know what comes with summer?"

"Heat and sweat !"

"Oof noo.. What are u even thinking y/n"

"I don't know I never thought so seriously"

"Exactly you don't need to be serious try to relax your mind sometimes"

"I have no idea what you are trying to hint"

"Annewae mayura chan is talking about summer festival" entered Kagura with sadaharu.

"..Aaaaaa... sadaharu stop licking me... I will get you food."

You gave food to sadaharu and snacks to kagura. Kagura munching the crackers asked me,

"Annewae you should come to the festival tomorrow"

"But I am not kid anymore"

"Festivals are not for kids," added mayura.

"Annewae I don't know about kid or adult, me, ginchan and megane are putting a stall so we want customers"

"Ok I will make sure to come," you agreed.

"Ok annewae make sure you come let me make a fool of few more people so that we can afford next month's rent," exited Kagura with Sadaharu.

"Hahaahaaaa ... ok, sure I will meet you tomorrow at the festival. Mayura you will come with me right?"

"OHhhhhh so you remember me!!"

"Huh, of course I remember you, why do you think like that?"

"Don't you remember, someone didn't come to work for a few days. Who were you with, huhhhhh????"

Blood gushed to your face. Your ears, cheeks were all red. If someone saw you they couldn't distinguish between you and a tomato.

"So I guessed right? You are in love with that terrorist Katsura right?"

"No.. I mean..I was just taking care of him... no I mean he was injured.. Soo..," you flustered.

"I never said you were with Katsura ," smirked mayura.

"Ahmmm... ok ... I lose"

"So you admit you love him,"

"I think I just think of him as a friend"

"Close your eyes"

As you closed your eyes you could only see one image in mind. Soft - silky black hair and olive brown orbs and a very sweet smile clouded your thoughts. There was no doubt about it, you were madly in love with this fool. The runway terrorist had managed to start a revolution in your heart. He was dangerous not just for amantos but also for your heart now. Mayura helped you realise that.

Mayura snapped her fingers, "Wake up! Dreamy girl, so what did you see"

"Katsura san," you answered shyly.

"So you love katsura and he loves you right"

"No I am sure I love him but I think he just thinks of me as a friend"

"Well lets evaluate, he saved you from a bomb, right ?"

"Yeah, but he only dropped it"

"I agree lets cancel that, he comes to drop you every night"

"That is because he loves animals and I helped learn techniques so that he can play with them"

"Ok, ok let's think more, he asked you for his rap, wait a minute that was just because he was dumb hmmm then ..ahhhhh .... Now that I think I am not sure if he loves you or not"

"See that is what I saying"

"But he came to your house for help right and even stayed with you for few days can't that be counted as a indication that he loves you"

"Hmm maybe but I think I am his only friend so..... Maybe that is why"

"Then we will have to go to plan B, you ask him directly if he likes you or not?"

"What, how can I just ask that and when will I ask that and what will I do if he says a no"

"First let's stick with you asking and then we will decide from there ok, you invite him to go to the festival with you and confess your feelings there"

"How will I ask him?"

"That is your problem plus you can make a excuse that yorozuya will be there so as a gintoki's friend he should help him, ok"

The tone mayura gave you suggestions was almost like an order you can't even disobey and without any resistance you agreed to the plan. Plus on the inside you felt that maybe you also wanted your feelings to be resolved if he doesn't like you that is perfectly fine, it is not like you are the prettiest girl in edo or anything, neither you are a samurai who can fight with him, you are just a simple girl who happened to be friends with him. If he doesn't like you will just accept it and move forward with this relationship as friends. You thought so much of rejections that you didn't even think what if he said yes but you knew it was impossible so thinking about a yes was just a waste of time. But first thing to do was to convince him to come to the festival with you.

↠↠OoO↞↞

(following night when you met Katsura)

"Ahmm, Katsura san, can I ask you something"

"Yes, y/n dono is something troubling you"

"How is your wound," you seriously screamed internally. You were supposed to ask him to come to the festival with you but you asked about his wound not that you weren't concerned about his health.

"It is completely healed thanks to you"

"Ahh no need to thank me"

... (silence, one more try you thought)

"Katsura san do you know about the summer festival happening tomorrow"

"I know about it. I have heard that apparently shogun will be attending so I was thinking of attending it"

"Ano...Katsura san, if you don't mind, would you like to attend it with me," there it was you said it.

"Ah of course but if I am gonna attend with you, I will probably not be able to focus on shogun so I will ask someone, oh maybe Elizabeth to take a look if shogun attends. If Elizabeth calls me I might have to leave you for a while, is it ok with you ?"

"Yeah for sure, if you just agree to spend some time with me I will be more than happy"

You were so happy that he agreed that you didn't even notice that he was almost blushing.

"So I will meet you at the bridge at 5 pm ok?"

"Yes I will be ready"

You had decided that you will tell him how you feel at the festival.

NOTE: Congrats, you made it 2020 is finally over. Hopefully, 2021 will be great for everyone. Again Thankyou for reading and feel free to message me (☆▽☆).