XVII

"I take back what I said a week ago, he needs to go

"I take back what I said a week ago, he needs to go."

"Rebekah!" Nina laughed, burying her face into the pillow, trying not to be loud so Nathaniel didn't know they were awake.

"I'm serious! The first couple of days were nice, but now he's overstayed his visit. I thought he had a girl back in Los Angeles?"

"He does, he just doesn't wanna bring her into the whole supernatural world."

"That makes no sense, she's technically already living in it." The blonde scoffed, thinking about how foolish the man was for not taking a chance on this woman.

"Hey, you don't really have a right to judge! You didn't tell me for five years. Do you know how long that is?"

"That's different!" Rebekah groaned, "And five years isn't even that long... not for me anyways."

"Knock knock!" A voice yelled, opening the bedroom door with no other warning.

"Seriously, Nathaniel!"

"Oh good, you both are decent. Not that I would've minded if you weren't." The vampire spoke, receiving an eye roll from both women. "I took it upon myself to prepare breakfast since it's my last day I'll be staying with my lovely house hosts."

"Last day?" The blonde original smiled, perking up.

"Don't act so sad, Blondie. I've decided that I have spent far too long running away from love and I can't avoid her just because I don't want to bring her into the supernatural world."

"Woah, that's so weird! I said the same thing earlier!" Nina gasped, thinking for a second that she could've been some kind of psychic before deflating upon hearing Nathaniels next words.

"I know, I was listening to everything you said." The man bluntly replied. "However, I'm going to need you to drop me off at the airport."

"Can't you just speed yourself there?" Rebekah asked, sitting up from the bed and sliding on her slippers.

"I could, but I don't want to. I'd rather spend some extra time with you both before I depart."

"Of course we'll drive you, Nathaniel." The human smiled, while the blonde mouthed 'we?'.

✵ ✵ ✵

"Change this."

"You've said that for the past five bloody stations!" Rebekah scolded, turning the knob on the radio.

"It's not my fault all of these songs are terrible."

"Calm down, we're almost here." Nina sighed, her head aching from the nonstop bickering for the past fifty minutes.

"Yes, Rebekah, calm down." Nathaniel smugly spoke, earning a water bottle off the top of his head. "Hey!"

"You both are so immature! It's like I'm driving with children right now!" The woman groaned, shutting off the radio and taking the other bottle out of her wife's hand.

"He started it!"

"Did not!"

"If you would've just listened to one station then-"

"Look at that, we're here!"

"Finally. Thank you so much, Nina, for letting me stay with you. I'll call you soon." The vampire spoke, purposely leaving out the blondes name.

As soon as Nathaniel walked in the Lausanne Airport, Nina drove off, the two still sitting in silence.

After five minutes, Rebekah broke it by stating, "He did start it."

"Seriously!"

"At least this ride gave you some experience for what you'll face with our kids."

Nina tensed, her hands tightly gripping the steering wheel.

"You tensed when I said our kids."

"No I didn't."

"Yes you did! Why did you tense, we've talked about this before."

"Yeah, but we never really got too much into detail." The dark haired woman sighed, "I've been wanting to talk about this for awhile and I was hoping I had some more time, but I guess I'll just say it."

"You don't want kids with me?"

"No, Rebekah! That's not it at all. It's just, there are so many different options and I know I can have kids, but what about you? I mean, even when you do turn human, what if you've been a vampire for too long and you just can't? I know that sounds harsh but-"

"-no, I get it. I've thought about it too. I guess I just won't really know until we get to that point."

"You know, what ever happens, I love you." Nina softly spoke, her grip on the wheel loosening as she took one hand off to hold Rebekah's.

"I know, and I love you." The blonde smiled, squeezing her wife's hand. "Now that Nathaniel's long gone, can I turn the radio back on?"

The human giggled, "Of course, Bex."

As the two drove home, deep down in Nina's heart, she knew no matter what happened, they were going to make it out alright.

I was going to end this very differently but wanted my babies to be happy so I went with this ending instead <3

I decided that I think I'm going to keep Nina and Rebekah's story in just one book instead of making two but don't worry, their story is far from over!!!