Prolouge

I sat on my bed with my clothes in my suitcase. I was seven years olds and already on my way to hell.

My dad was gone and my mom was gone and now my brother had just left. I was being sent away from my only home since I was four years old.

I didn't want to leave the Orphanage but after the fight I had with my brother last week in the livingroom I knew she would kick us out.

My brother ran away that day too.

He had got so mad he changed into a dog. I did too but I wasn't mad.

I was on my own now. I didn't know where I would go. Nobody would want a little girl with ugly skin and was half dog. Even the hospital had kicked me out after a week.

Everybody hated me and I didn't know why. My brother said I was a demon and I guess he was right.

I started to cry again.

I put my face into my pillow.

A little while later Ms. Bean called me downstairs.

I wiped my eyes and got off my bed.

I grabbed my bag of clothes and straighten myself out. I had on a turtleneck shirt and a pair of jeans and some sneakers. I braided my hair up into a French braid. It was crooked but it was to hide all the scars from the fight I had with my brother. I didn't want everybody to see them.

I went downstairs to the livingroom. Ms. Bean was there with a tall man.

"Sofia, social services have assigned you a new place to live. You will go with this gentleman to your new home." Ms. Bean said to me.

"Yes Ms. Bean." I said to her.

I walked with the tall man out of the door to my new home.

Alpha Cain POV

"Alpha Cain everyone is gathered up and waiting on you." Johnson, my beta informed me.

I get up and head downstairs to the livingroom.

Sofia had gotten here last night. She was shown her room and spent the night there.

She was a little orphan girl.

Apparently there was an accident with her in which social services was called and the closest agent was in my pack. When they met her she recognized her scent as a werewolf and asked if she could come here.

I said yes. She wasn't a danger. She had been abandoned three years ago with her brother so they were probley rouges. Her brother ran off a week ago so no one could find him. She was left alone and I don't believe in abandoning children.

I met her last night and she seemed quiet. Not shy but quiet.

Today she was to be examined by Dr. Gold our pack doctor, took to get some new clothes and toys and other stuff she needed, then she would be introduced into the pack.

I guess she was back and the pack was ready to meet her.

I went downstairs and the pack all quieted down. My son came and stood by me. He was only eight but he liked to act just like me.

"Everybody I have an important announcement. We have a new little girl that will be staying with us. Her name is Sofia. Rachel can you bring her in." I asked my wife and mate.

She opened the door. And Sofia walked in. Her eyes went wide. She slowly walked to me. If she wasn't a brown-skinned little girl she would have been beet red.

She stopped right at me. I bent down to be eye to eye to her.

"Sofia this is my pack." I said pointing to everybody.

"It's a nice pack too." she said earning a couple of laughs.

"Best pack in whole darn world too. Cause my dad is the leader and one day I will be." my son added.

"Can I be in your pack?" she asked me.

"Not yet? You aren't old enough for the ceremony yet?" I tell her.

She frowns up a little.

"But don't worry it gives you time to adjust and grow up a little." I say trying to soothe her.

"But I don't wanna leave. I wanna be apart of the pack." she says in tears.

"I promise if your good you wont have to leave and in ten years you can be an official pack member." I promise her.

"Pinky promise?" she said with her pinky out.

"It's an Alpha pinky promise and only if you promise not to run away from us." I say intertwining my pinky with hers.

"Promise." she says smiling at me.