Chapter Eighteen

Death feels so weird.

It's like dark. So dark. but light. You can feel everything and nothing. You're aware but you're unaware.

It's confusing I know. but it makes sense.

The only part I feel now is fear but I'm comfortable.

Actually I'm not really sure if I'm actually dead. I heard that your life flashes before your eyes when you do. And that you get to see your dead family and friends.

I don't see anything.

I wish that happened. I was sure Vermont was dead and after everything I just wanted to see him.

Now that I think about it I want to feel the sparks. The safetly of them. The comfort it provides.

I feel it. A nice bissful peace. Its over there. I'm not even sure if I can move or even if I'm already moving. I just know I'm not there.

There is also this heavy feeling. It doesn't hurt But it's uncomfortable. I can hear voices and this beeping sound. Not very peaceful.

I should go towards one. I think I deserve some peace. I bet my dad is there and Vermont. I think they would get along great. Now I feel more peace.

I like it. I deserve it.

Then I really feel it. Its different from the other two. Its feels like the sparks. I want more of it.

I feel it more so I must be moving towards it. Its feel so good. I don't think I ever felt it like this before.

The peace is going away. The uncomfortableness was closer.

It's fine. It's ok. The sparks are worth it.

Even worth the noises and beeps the slight pain in my chest. I could just curl up to it.

I'm not sure what's happening now but it feels as if I was falling asleep next to it. Thought I was asleep so was I awake. I don't know.

It doesn't matter now.

-------------Vermont's Pov------------

I could hear them.

My mom and Dad, my friends, and even Amber.

All of them were telling me to wake up and comeback to them. They sounded so sad.

The thing is I didn't want to go back to that life. Nothing was left there but regrets.

I spent a year avoiding and trying to assassinate my mate. I loss while trying to protect my pack and her.

The last thing I saw before I got here was her being ripped open.

She was dead.

I couldn't go back to a life without her.

My dad was right. How can I take care of a pack when I couldn't even take care of her?

My friend would be fine. They had there own packs to take care of. Mom and Dad had each other. Amber's mate was somewhere out there.

My pack would be fine too. I wonder who is going to be Alpha. My Beta? My Dad's beta? Maybe my dad's beta's son. Or my parents are going to have another kid.

It didn't matter they would handle it.

I guess the only reason I'm sticking around is this feeling. It feels like her.

At least I think it does.

It's not strong but I think its her. Maybe she is alive. Maybe she survived. I couldn't be sure and I'm not going to come alive only to see her dead.

I can already feel that.

I don't know how to explain it. I feel her and it was steady but it's growing weaker. Like she is slowly dying or maybe it's just me. Or both. I can't figure it out.

Either way that little feeling of her is all I'm holding on too. And when it's gone them so am I.

Wonder what the next life is going to be like.

Wait.....

Someone just moved me. And I can feel her more. Is she there?

Maybe if I twitch someone can tell me.

I feel her more now. The connection. The sparks. It's her.

I have be alive. I have to see her.

But how? I don't know how. Maybe if I just imagine I'm still in my body then.

Yes. I can feel her it's working. Now just if I can wake up.