Chapter Eleven

Sofia POV

I was walking through the forest from having a midnight run around the forest.

It's been three days since the random attack by the rouges.

Everyone was uneasy and on edge.

No one knew who they were after but Alpha Cain had been talking to a couple people the past few days.

Even me.

I was nervous at first but he didn't seem angry or upset.  He asked me a couple of questions about my past.

Like how my parents died, how long I been in the orphanage before I came here, and have I heard from my brother?

I haven't.  I had forgot all about him.

Once I finished answering those questions he let me leave.

Now I had just completed a very calming run. Even Lin enjoyed it.

I had to run off some of the extra sexual energy.

Not having a mate made you feel empty, broken, and horny.

The last month had been hell 

Watching him work out everyday without a shirt all sexy really worked up a good run in the forest. I really wanted to touch him.

But I couldn't.  He was still coming around and I don't want to add to his stress.

After the fight was over then I would continue my hunt.

I had succeeded with the help of my friends.

Suddenly I heard something shift in the dark.  All I was in was an old school cotton nightie with the long sleeve and went all the way down to my ankles and No shoes.

I growled lowly incase I was crazy.

I wasn't

Two seconds later a dark figure came towards me and I recognized the scent as Vermont.

I had been doing so good so far.

I was about to say something but he had got way to close to me. I looked into his eyes and saw that they were black and filled with hatred.

I studdered stepped back away from him until he grabbed my arm very tightly. The pain taking away from the pleasure of the sparks.

"Vermo-" I tried to say.

"What do you know?" He asked angerly.

"I don't know what your-" I was cut off again but still trying to get out of his grip. I was honestly scared.

"DON'T.  Don't tell me you don't know." He nearly yelled at me.

"But I-I" I studdered again.

He let go of me and pushed me. I fell to the ground and stayed there to frozen in fear to move.

He towered over me still looking angry like I chopped his favorite foot off.

A mate couldn't be this mad at his mate. Could he? I hope he doesn't kill me.

"You were a fucking rouge! Nobody knows where you came from before the orphanage. How do I know you aren't in cahoots with them?"

I really just didn't want to answer him. I wanted to be sassy and snap back but I off guard.

"People are dead Sofia. DEAD! This is not a fucking joke."

He grabbed my nightgown and pulled me up to eye level.