Chapter Seventeen

I ran downstairs as fast as I could. Everybody body was moving. Those who weren't fighting was grabbing children and heading to the underground bunker.

I was suppose to be there. I was one of the best fighters but it was me they were after. As soon as one of them spotted me I would be doubled or tripled teamed and taken down.

Alpha Cain and Vermont refused to budge on it.

I started helping gather people. The Luna would be in front guiding people making sure it was safe. I would be the last person to go.

I checked every room in the house to make sure they was completely empty.

I checked again to be completely sure.

I headed outside to run for the bunker. It was under the empty nursery in town.

I checked in a couple of the warriors head. I didn't have much time to make it.

I ran in human form through town. I was at least two miles away.

I heard someone running behind me. Actually there was more than one person.

I looked back to see two people running behind me.

Both rouges. I took a sharp left.

I couldn't lead him to the people they weren't suppose to find.

My plan was to lose them through the town through the secret short cuts.

I turned into an alley and hid until they ran by and ran the way they came. I then took two alleys and hopped a fence before cutting through a bakery a couple blocks from the nursery.

I had lost them. I snuck my way down a block until I turned a corner and almost ran into one of the rouges.

I knew then I wasn't going to make it to the bunker.

I ducked behind the closest building I could see. the cover wouldn't last for long but it would last long enough.

In my head I opened my mind link.

'Two of them followed me downtown. I can't reach the bunker. Going make a run for it.'

I could feel someone peeking through my head.

'Where are they?' Vermont asked.

I peeked around the corner. Four of them were now standing there. One of them turned and saw me. I bursted out in a sprint going the other way.

I could hear them running behind me. I went back the way I came.

I looked back and saw more guys after me.

"Shit, shit, shit shit." I said outloud and sped off.

I saw a few guards heading towards me and I  ran towards them. They were in wolf form so I slid under them when they jumped over me to attack the people chasing me.

I didn't stop running but I did realize I didn't have a place to go.

'Where do I go? Where do I go?' I spoke in my link.

Not a second later I was rammed by a rouge on my left and began rolling.

I fell to the ground but quickly recovered sitting up.  The guy jumped on me but I laid back down so my feet made contact with his stomach and kick him backward. I got to my feet and into fighting position.

The guy came back at me and I fought him off only getting hit a few times in the sides and legs.

Once he lay unconscious I hear a growling to my left. About three wolves were running towards me.