Chapter Twelve

Today was the day.

The week had past slowly enough.

Vermont had been watching my every move the whole week. 

I didnt notice it at first because he would be hanging with his friend or Amber whenever I spotted him. Then I noticed that anytime I looked up he was there.

If I was in my room he would be in the main room. If I was training he would be out there too. Even at study time he was there 'helping others' cause he had already graduated.

It was getting annoying. 

At least today he couldn't watch me. He spent all day with his dad prepping for this afternoon.

I sat in my room texting Jess. She was worried about Demarcus. JaMarcus had chosen him as his beta. I told her he would be fine. The dangerous action was in my pack. 

I opened my mind link. Everyone was using it to keep track of what happened in the field.

So far eveyone was standing around waiting.

Some were bored, some were on edge, some were scared, but most of them was just plain nervous.

Alpha Cain and Vermont were in human form outside the territiory. The others were wolves flanking them on either side.

Beta Johnson was still recovering from the last attack so he wasn't there.

I closed my mind link and texted Jess for a couple more minutes. 

I opened it again to see all the warriors at attention and some wolves coming from the trees.

----------------------------------------Vermont POV--------------------------------------------

The rouge with the scar on his chest was in human form with wolves flanking him.

We couldn't tell which one was 'The Forest' but the wolf to the right of him was the biggest and he had brown fur. You could see fur was missing from around his right eye. Other than that he had no other scars. That probably was 'The Forest'

"Hello big Alpha and little Alpha. Ready to give us what we want?" He asked cocky with a smirk.

"I didn't come to talk to you." Dad stated not addressing his statement.

"The bossman wanted me to talk in case you decided to be stupid and try something sneaky." The rouge said.

"How could I when I don't know what person he is even looking for?" Dad answered.

"Still haven't figured it out how huh? Its ok we had it confused too. But they are still here." He said.

"Where is he?" Dad asked,

The rouge pointed to the big wolf to his right with the brown fur. 

"Thats him." He said. "But first lets see who we came to see." The rouge bargined.

'The Forest' went into the forest to shift.

"I told you we don't know what guy he is looking for." Dad repeated.

"I think that is your first mistake Alpha. What made you think I was looking for a guy?" 'The forest said in his deep voice, emerging from the woods.

The Forest had deep black skin like he had been in the sun too long instead of the forest. He was vey well built and was as tall as my dad. His skin also had patches of discolorment that was a very light brown in places like he had been burned. The mark surrounding his right eye was pink like he had been hit with a fireball straight in the eye.