Chapter Four

The next couple of months wasn't any different.

I tried to talk to him and convince him to accept me but it never worked.

He ignored me everyday.

I wanted to run away from this place and forget about him. I could find someone to love me.

And if I couldn't find someone then I would comeback and by the time I got back he would want me.

But I had promised Alpha Cain I wouldn't leave the pack plus I owe Lin a mate and I don't think she would be happy with anyone else.

I thought for days what I would do and decided that I could wait.

At some point our bond would be stronger and he won't be able to resist me.

Right now I should just let him do who and what he wanted because at the end of it he would be mine.

It was taking a long time but I never faltered.

In my head we were in a secret relationship. Like the one in Romeo and Juliet but very different.

I said hi to him in school even if he didn't return the gesture. After awhile Amber starting accusing me of liking him and all his friends laughed at me.

He didn't defend me so I stopped. I would just give him a look if he ever caught my eye.

I bought him gifts for Christmas and Valentines Day and for his birthday.

I kept them discrete so he would find them alone and wouldn't have to put on a show.

He never got me anything but I didn't blame him. It would be suspicious.

In school I tried to concentrate on my school work and friends instead of just staring and daydreaming about our wedding.

Lunchtime was still normal. I switched seats with Jess so I wouldn't be tempted to stare at Vermont and growl at his slut.

At home I tried to find every distraction available.

At first it was homework but after awhile it became too easy and fast to finish. Good for my grades but bad for my attention span.

Then it was running in the forest. Lin never felt like going out after her mate rejected her but I made her.

I took her on runs every nights in secluded places.

But then rouges would be sighted around there and I had to find somewhere new. If I didn't know any better I swear those rouges were after me.

I couldn't even go to my meadow anymore.

Eventually I ran out of secluded places to run. So I had to stop going out. Lin didn't even mind it. I think she was happy about it.

So I went random.

Some days I would teach myself sign language and other days it was ballet. I could write with both hands in seven languages too. I even learned to sing. But it boring too.

Then I decided I should be more social towards my own friends.

Every weekend I was out at the movies or bowling or skating or swimming or any other recreational activity I could look up.

My favorite would have to be a shopping/sleepover weekend with Jess.

She always wore dark colors but she was still a fashion gru-ru. We tried all kinds of make-up to cover up acne and clothes to fit our personalities (but still covered all of my body).

But even with all of that to distract me I still thought about Vermont. I thought about him at least three times a day and purposely looked at him four times a day.