~Vic pov~
He thought we were getting too close.

This idea bounces around my brain for days. Kellin and I walk to school every day for the rest of the week, hanging out with friends at lunch like usual, but now we always sit by each other. After school at the diner we share a burger and an order of pancakes and he actually talks to me. Not just in that polite way he had been forever, he actually has conversations with me.

It's amazing. I love every second that we spend together, the ones around other people and the ones when we're alone.

We make plans for Saturday because we're supposed to have an unseasonably warm day. I tell him to meet me at the city park because I found this really cool place I want to take him.

He's yet to show up at my house again, which is good because hopefully that means whoever is messing with him is leaving him alone, but I secretly want to comfort him again. I literally have dreams of him tapping on my window and letting me hold him and snuggle him again. Touching his soft skin, breathing in his scent, feeling his body pressed up against mine, these are all things I desperately want again.

On Saturday when I get to the park I see him sitting on a bench and honestly, he looks a little grumpy. When I walk up to him he squints and looks at me, smiling.

"Hey Viccy."

"Ugh, don't," I chuckle.

I'm gonna kill Justin for starting that.

He laughs and stands up, wincing a little.

"Hungover?" I ask knowingly.

"Yeah, sorry," he says quietly.

He won't make eye contact with me cause I think he's guilty he feels like crap when we have plans. Not that they're super rigorous plans, but still.

"Don't worry about it, come on."

I hand him a blanket I brought and sling my backpack over one of my shoulders. I lead him back into the trees that surround the park.

"Where are we going?" He asks, falling into step beside me.

"I found this pretty clearing a little ways out here. I thought we could chill and um... well..."

He looks at me with a mischievous twinkle in his eye.

"What?" He asks.

"I have some weed."

He giggles.

"You're so lame... but that sounds fun."

I laugh too.

When we reach the clearing it's even better than I remembered. There's a circular space of lush, green grass and no trees blocking the sunlight.

"This is great Vic, how'd you find it?"

"I was out running and came across it."

"Ah, exercise. That's a foreign concept to me."

I roll my eyes and lay out the blanket on the soft grass. I was a little concerned that this is like a date, but I decided that if it turned into one I would definitely be okay with it. I hope Kellin doesn't think it's weird.

I sit down and start digging through my backpack and Kellin lays on his back in front of me.

I get out a bong that Justin loaned me and get it ready for us to smoke.

"Did you buy from Radke?" Kellin asks, his eyes closed.

"Yeah, Justin said he sells the best."

"He does, he also has ecstasy," he sighs.